[OBSOLETE] Foscam Camera Device Handler Universal DTH with Motion Detection - SD (FI89xx), HD Ambarella FI98xx, FI99xx, Cx, Gx, Rx, Ex, Zx, Fosbaby

That’s a camera feature which need to be configured on the camera and can’t be done through this handler yet.

Foscam Motion Alarm Monitor SmartApp
Version 2.6.0

• Added integration with Smart Home Monitor (SHM) to automatically arm/disarm the motion detection based on SHM modes (configurable)

###Foscam Camera Universal Device Handler - version 2.5.0

• Added support for imageDataJpeg attribute to report the JPEG picture as a UTF-8 String

###Foscam Motion Alarm Monitor SmartApp - version 2.6.0
(no changes)

Do you have any issue with your server?

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://smartthings.rboyapps.com/

Connection to 76.97.226.117 failed.

The system returned: (110) Connection timed out

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Your cache administrator is root.

Yes was upgrading it, should be back up now

I’m guessing there is no way to have your apps and device handlers auto update like through github?

###Foscam Camera Universal Device Handler - version 2.5.1

• automatically refresh after updating the settings

(no changes)

I’ve logged into my Smartthings page, but I see nothing that says “My Device Types” per your instructions, only “My Devices” When I click on that I see nothing that says +New SmartDevice But instead it says +New Device. From there I am not seeing “From Code”, What gives?

“My Device Handlers” is what you are looking for.

1 Like

Thanks anyway. Looks like I have to pay $10 to be able to download the “code” and I have to do all this manually with no guarantee that it will work correctly or not take me 5 days to figure out. Forget it.

Alrighty then.

1 Like

Updated the instructions, I wish ST would fix their bugs as often as they update the user interfaces :wink:

1 Like

@RBoy what is the motion detection “lag” when using a Foscam as a motion detector in ST? Currently trying to decide between Foscams or Blink for garage and front porch monitoring. Would like to use the motion detection of the camera in both locations to trigger other items in ST.

Good question, actually it’s not a fair comparison because the reliability differs. With Foscam (depending upon the model), it could be push or pull, if it’s push (SD models) then it’s a few seconds. If it’s pull then also it’s a few second but if the platform is malfunctioning the event could be missed.
Blink on the other hand currently has a response time of about 20-30 seconds but if the platform is malfunctioning it’ll eventually pick it up. So the question really is what’s important to you and then decide accordingly.

###Foscam Camera Universal Device Handler - version 2.6.0

• Updated attribute imageDataJpeg to a Base64 string instead of UTF-8 to make it compatible with SmartTiles

(no changes)

Just a note folks, after the recent ST platform outage/issue it looks like the platform has messed up the state of some of the apps. Today I noticed that some apps are randomly throwing errors (was working fine till yesterday), the app (state variable) data has been reset by the platform.
Thankfully the solution is simple, just open the SmartApp and click Done to reinitialize all the data. @jody.albritton just a FYI.

###Foscam Camera Universal Device Handler - version 2.6.3

• Updated the motion detection icon to show a Blue “Motion” text instead of a Red “Intruder” to emulate a motion sensor
  • Fix for left/right/up/down direction correction when using a HD camera with flip/mirror enabled
  • Updated color for Auto LED off to light blue

(no changes)

1 Like

[quote=“RBoy, post:1, topic:10695, full:true”]
…Visit our Facebook page for updates on new apps and to get Access to all our Premium ST Apps Server. http://www.facebook.com/RBoySTApps[/quote]

On your Facebook (which I’ve never used) page, it says something about a 'RBoy Apps Coupon" (i.e. I could see it on the page even though it had that banner in the middle telling me that I’d have to log in to view the page.

Well, I went and created an account and logged in and went back there, but when I did, there’s nothing there at all about a ‘Coupon’. It simply states the $10 thing just like elsewhere.

So, is there a coupon? lol

Still wish I could test this Foscam/Tenvis app before paying for it, but I guess it’s time to just do what’s right and ask questions later. :slight_smile:

So, I’m ‘IN’ no matter what. I’m just confused, and don’t want to miss out on a discount if it’s there somewhere and I just missed it. Thanks!

EDIT:

Just curious about this part…

[quote=“RBoy, post:1, topic:10695, full:true”]
If you like the Apps consider supporting our development efforts…[/quote]

It seems to imply that I can check out the apps before paying. How does that work if I have to pay first in order to even access the apps?

Again though, not a big deal…just confusing. :slight_smile:

That was actually a limited time offer, forgot to remove it so you’re lucky you found it JIT :wink:

Some of the apps are published on this forum (you can search around like the 5-2 day thermostat, unlimited thermostat, single user mgmt app etc), the rest are available on the RBoy Apps server.

1 Like

Im looking for a device handler for my dlink 2330l. The current ST device handler for “D-link Camera” only shows a live view (which I have to press play to connect and see), and I’m looking to have the live view as well as the image capture. I started to build the device type but am new and don’t see a template or any other device types with this live video type feature.