[OBSOLETE] Foscam Camera Device Handler Universal DTH with Motion Detection - SD (FI89xx), HD Ambarella FI98xx, FI99xx, Cx, Gx, Rx, Ex, Zx, Fosbaby

Is all of this activity in the device log the motion monitor polling? If so, is there a way to disable the logging for the polling? It fills up the feed and buries any important information.

No it can’t be turned, see the first post FAQ’s for details.

1 Like

Hi. I have added two smartapps “Trigger based Camera Pictures” and “Foscam Motion Alarm Monitor”(including oAuth steps):
Even though they won’t show in the “Safety & Security” or any other category in the app. Any hint? Thank you.

Try this @aamiyazaki :

Hi @Automated_House, thanks for your reply!
I have checked and the option you mentioned is not checked. Not sure why you’ve chosen the “Lock & Door” category, but also checked the “Security” category and also not checked.
Tried to check, wait, uncheck, but still nothing.
Then logged out and in, then now I can see the myApps category.
Thanks!

Thanks @Automated_House, for everyone’s benefit:

ST’s at it best again:

###NOTE: Due to a recent ST platform bug you may not be able to see your SmartApp in your phone under installed SmartApps. Until ST fixes the issue, use the following workaround for it to show up on your phone after installing the SmartApp:

On your IDE, go to my locations → click on List Smartapps → then under the Installed Smart App Uncheck Enable local child app discovery. It will now show up on your phone under Installed SmartApps.

Supposed fix inbound according to ST but no ETA I know of.

Now that the professor’s done with the LCF, I would like to officially thank @ahndee for the tip on the getInHomeURL mappings (got to love Charles) and to all the BETA testers for their feedback. @slagle appreciate the green light to proceed with this. Got to make a few more tweaks for the C1 and then we should be good. It’s working pretty stable but we’d still like to finish up a few more tests before we make the release.

3 Likes

Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

###Foscam Camera Universal Device Handler - version 3.1.0

• Support for Live Camera Streaming in ST App
  • Support for enabling MJPEG mode for HD cameras for streaming through SmartTiles (URL is given in the preferences page)
  • Support for configuring separate RTSP port if your camera supports it (e.g. C1 Foscam)

###Foscam Motion Alarm Monitor SmartApp - version 2.6.1

• Support for Live Camera Streaming in ST App

###NOTE: You need a DIRECT connection between your Phone and the Camera for live streaming to work. If you’re using a private IP address for your camera then live streaming will work ONLY from within your private LAN. If you want to access your camera live streaming while you’re outside your network, ensure that you’re using your public IP address/URL/port and have enabled port forwarding on your router.

After updating the code don’t forget to open your device settings and verify them; then hit done and click refresh to activate them.

NOTE: Please note, for now, the Main stream profile is used for streaming through the ST Phone App and the Sub stream profile is used for SmartTiles when MJPEG is activated. This is because the ST Phone App is most stable with the main profile (h.264) where as SmartTiles only supports MJPEG for now.

For the advanced folks, the code for switching profiles (main/sub) is commented out in the Tiles section, enable at your own risk, YMMV (please don’t post saying it takes 2-3 tries to start streaming using the sub stream profiles; that’ why it’s commented out, because the ST App Video Tile works with some Foscams in MJPEG mode and not with others.)

2 Likes

I just accessed the device handler code from your site and it still shows v2.6.4.

It’s showing me 3.1.0

def clientVersion() {
return “3.1.0”
}

I think your browser may have cached the page.

That was it - thanks for the quick reply.

1 Like

Hi Rboy, how many camera can stream via ST Hub?

It doesn’t go via the ST hub, it’s a direct connection between the phone and your camera (see the FAQ’s on the first post).

###Foscam Camera Universal Device Handler - version 3.2.0

• Updated user interface to optimize control for streaming live video and taking pictures

###Foscam Motion Alarm Monitor SmartApp - version 2.6.1

• (no change)

####NOTE: You need a DIRECT connection between your Phone and the Camera for live streaming to work. If you’re using a private IP address for your camera then live streaming will work ONLY from within your private LAN. If you want to access your camera live streaming while you’re outside your network, ensure that you’re using your public IP address/URL/port and have enabled port forwarding on your router.

Hi,
I have been running the previous version for a while now and worked great. On the new version all I keep getting is a spinning wheel and no live stream. I can still take pictures fine and presets even work. The Camera’s I use are the Insteon ones FI8918.
No errors in the logs that I can see…
2a930aed-4a38-422c-8982-d2fe7e273841 ‎3‎:‎05‎:‎44‎ ‎PM: trace Called getInHomeURL, returning rtsp://username:Password@PublicIP:25106/videoMain
2a930aed-4a38-422c-8982-d2fe7e273841 ‎3‎:‎05‎:‎44‎ ‎PM: trace Called getInHomeURL, returning rtsp://username:Password@PublicIP:25106/videoMain
2a930aed-4a38-422c-8982-d2fe7e273841 ‎3‎:‎05‎:‎43‎ ‎PM: trace Video settings: [OutHomeURL:rtsp://username:Password@PublicIP:25106/videoMain, InHomeURL:rtsp://username:Password@PublicIP:25106/videoMain, ThumbnailURL:http://cdn.device-icons.smartthings.com/camera/dlink-hdpan@2x.png, cookie:[key:key, value:value]]
2a930aed-4a38-422c-8982-d2fe7e273841 ‎3‎:‎05‎:‎43‎ ‎PM: trace Fetching video from: rtsp://username:Password@PublicIP:25106/videoMain
2a930aed-4a38-422c-8982-d2fe7e273841 ‎3‎:‎05‎:‎43‎ ‎PM: debug Starting video streaming with High profile stream
2a930aed-4a38-422c-8982-d2fe7e273841 ‎3‎:‎05‎:‎42‎ ‎PM: trace Called getInHomeURL, returning rtsp://username:Password@PublicIP:25106/videoMain
2a930aed-4a38-422c-8982-d2fe7e273841 ‎3‎:‎05‎:‎37‎ ‎PM: trace Called getInHomeURL, returning rtsp://username:Password@PublicIP:25106/videoMain
2a930aed-4a38-422c-8982-d2fe7e273841 ‎3‎:‎05‎:‎37‎ ‎PM: trace Video settings: [OutHomeURL:rtsp://username:Password@PublicIP:25106/videoMain, InHomeURL:rtsp://username:Password@PublicIP:25106/videoMain, ThumbnailURL:http://cdn.device-icons.smartthings.com/camera/dlink-hdpan@2x.png, cookie:[key:key, value:value]]
2a930aed-4a38-422c-8982-d2fe7e273841 ‎3‎:‎05‎:‎37‎ ‎PM: trace Fetching video from: rtsp://username:Password@PublicIP:25106/videoMain
2a930aed-4a38-422c-8982-d2fe7e273841 ‎3‎:‎05‎:‎37‎ ‎PM: debug Starting video streaming with High profile stream

Are you on your LAN or outside of it? Mine won’t work with my WAN IP or DDNS from inside my network.

Yours is a SD camera, have you enabled the HD Camera option? It appears to be using the hdcamera URL. Try hitting refresh.

Just FYI to use your external DNS/IP from within your LAN your router must support loopback. (Tomato routers support loopback for e.g.)

Good to know. I have a Google OnHub, so that is probably one of the many things it does not support :rage: