[OBSOLETE] EchoSistant Ver 5.0 ~ Updated Release (2018)

Everything is working. Are your lights plugged in?

Yes the lights are working but still get the message sent to family room.

Here is the Piston I use.

Why do you have a piston to tell you that the lights have turned on and off when EchoSistant will respond to you?

what version is your Rooms App?

Version:5.0 R.0.0.6

ok, pause that piston and then try it. I think you are overloading the Amazon side by sending multiple messages to the device at the exact same time. Iā€™m not seeing a problem with EchoSistant and I canā€™t repeat it.

Amazon may have changed something on their end, againā€¦ like they do every single dayā€¦ lol

OK that eliminated the message, but then how do I get it to reply with my desired message?

You can set up any custom message you want in EchoSistant within each room.

I imported your piston and everything works fine using it.
I did however change your variables to a Dynamic Variable instead of a dateTime.

Once I did that it started working just fine.

The reason for the variable is that it prevents multiple speaking when more than one room is turned on at the same time. In cleaning mode I turn on almost all the lights in the house.

Are you having all of your echoā€™s tell you that a light has turned on and off? That would definitely get chatty.

No just the one assigned to the actions in the piston.

UPDATE*
Rooms app version 5.0 R.0.0.7
Please update via the IDE or the Community Installer App

Hello everyone. As you can see the updates are coming quite far apart now. There
havenā€™t been a lot bugs being reported, which is understandable for an app that is
over 2 years old! But, if you find something not working, make sure you let me know.

In this update I added a couple of features. No bug fixes in this one, as I currently
have no bugs reported.

Added features:
Fireplace (multiple), garage door, and televisions control and feedback added to the
rooms level.

Examples:
Turn on/off the fireplace in the living room.
Is the fireplace on/off in the living room?

Turn on/off the tv/television in the bedroom.
Is the tv/television on in the bedroom?

Open/close the garage door in the garage.
Is the garage door open/closed in the garage?

Iā€™d like to thank all of the user of EchoSistant for their continued support.
And as always, donations are not ever a requirement, but they are certainly
greatly appreciated.

Iā€™m installing EchoSistant for the first time following he Wiki.

But Iā€™m stuck on the Lambda create function section.

I just created the AWS account and continued with the Wiki for Lambda.

But I donā€™t get the choice to choose an Existing Role to choose the ā€œlambda_basic_executionā€

Iā€™ve attached a screen shot of what Iā€™m seeing.
Iā€™ve tried doing the process over a couple times, but never get the Existing Role choice and not sure where to look to get this taken care of.

Well, it looks Amazon changed things again.
We now have to manually create the Role.
Iā€™ll get the wiki updated asap.

1 Like

give me a few minutes and Iā€™ll get this taken care of

1 Like

The wiki is now up to date for the Create a Lambda Function. Please refresh your screen and let me know if I got it right.
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks,
Everything worked fine for finishing the Lambda portionā€¦ Now moving on with the install.

I saw only one difference near the end.

From Wiki"
12. Your screen should now look like the picture below. Please copy and paste the ARN
in the top right corner. Keep it in an easy to get to place as you will need it when
you are creating your Alexa Skills.

What I saw:
Screen below I saw ā€œAlexa Skills Kitā€ left ā€œAllā€ on right vs ā€œAmazon CloudWatch Logsā€ in the Wiki Picture under number 12.

This might not make a difference, but just wanted to let you knowā€¦

Yeah, thatā€™s not that big of a deal. The important part is getting the ARN from that screen.

Has anyone used EchoSistant with the new ST app?