[OBSOLETE] EchoSistant Ver 5.0 ~ Updated Release (2018)

Is there updated version coming soon? Please advise

1 Like

UPDATE

Please update your parent and rooms apps to the most current version.

This release features bug fixes for the following:

• Color bulb control - corrected a bug in which single bulb commands were actually controlling all bulbs in the room
  • Temperature feedback - Corrected ‘Null’ response when asking “What’s the temperature”
  • Humidity feedback - Corrected ‘Null’ response when asking “What’s the humidity”

Thank you for your continued support and please continue to report any issues that may arise.

1 Like

Community installer shows updates for rooms child app (rev 0.0.6) but not for the parent app (showing 0.0.2).

That’s fine. Don’t worry about the parent app.

Greetings to all:
I need your help. While configuring EchoSistant in my iPhone X, after converting the Auth Code, I am getting error message saying “Unable to find a Valid VendorID”. And I am stopped here from installing rest of the parts. Could you please help? Tito

I haven’t seen that error before, I’ll look into it.

Did you register your Amazon account first?

Hi Bamarayne: Thanks for quick response. I created Amazon account already. It was my mistake. I used one of my two amazon accounts that has no Alxea registered. Later I used the account which has Alexa device registered. Now, I have completed the installation. Going to test now.

Do you think using Amazon account with no Alexa registered could cause error the one I had? if so, that is my lesson learn. Thanks again, Regards Tito

Hi Tito,
I’m not sure what caused it. I would need to see the logs. I was just testing and i did get an error if there were not any rooms created, but it was a different one.

I’m glad you got it installed. Let me know if there is anything else.

Hi Bamarayne:
Just created one room and tried to operate EchoSistant. When I say “Alexa trun off office room after 1 minute”, but the Office Room is turned off instantly, no delay. Could you please advice how to debug?

I did not find any information on how to install “EchoSistant Logic Blockz” and “EchoSistant Rooms” but I installed them under my SmartApps manually. Was I right?

Thanks for your kind help.

To make this work you would say, “Alexa, in one minute turn off the lights in the office”.

Have you read through the wiki?

Thanks. No, I did not go through the wiki. I will do this evening.

Sorry to bother you again
I said “Alexa, in one minute turn off the lights in office room”. Alexa responded “OK, I will in one minute turn on the office room lights
” but the light turn on instantly.

Say this, “turn the lights on in one minute in the office”

Thanks. Working!!!
Many many thanks

1 Like

Glad that’s working

Did you know that you can also do this

Alexa, turn the lights on for 10 minutes in the office

The lights will immediately turn on and then turn off in ten minutes.

I have been out of town for a number of days, and when I got home I went to turn on the lights and the lights came on when I said “Alexa turn on the lights in the living room” but the followup from Alexa said “your message has been sent to living room” Prior to I would always reset the queue and it would work and that message sent to xxx would stop. But not now. Any ideas on why this keeps happening?

The queue has nothing to do with EchoSistant. That is all Echo Speaks. EchoSistant is only sending that command to Echo Speaks for processing.

As for the message being sent instead of the command working properly I need to see the logs.

Have you changed the code in any way at all? Are you up to date on all of your code? The latest updates had nothing to do with what you are talking about happening. But at any rate, show me the logs.

No haven’t changed the code and I have the latest. Below is the log.

Here is the piston log for speaking.

I need to see the log for the family room.