[OBSOLETE] ColorCast - Color Changing Weather Lamp

You can set the intensity on the light selection screen. Just edit the brightness field to any value between 1-100

@Joe_Battaglia and @zj4x4 What device are you using? Also, did you enter your Forecast.io api key? I ask because after itā€™s entered, that field is moved off the main setup page and into the advanced options page and Iā€™m wondering if something went wrong and it was removed from the main page prematurely leaving no visual indicator that required data is missing.

Iā€™m using Philips Hue and Yes my Forecast.io api key is entered.

Iā€™m using an Osram strip which has worked in the past and yes, I entered the forecast.io key.

It seems to be an issue with the Advanced Options page. If I go in there I can never leave by clicking Done.

Iā€™ll look into it tonight but if you could answer a few questions it would be helpful

1. Are you using iphone, android, or something else?
  2. Smartthings hub v1 or v2
  3. Do you see any errors in Live Logging? (https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs)
  4. Were you using the previous version of this app? if so, did you install a fresh version of the app through the ā€œmy appsā€ section of the SmartThings app or update an already installed version? (Iā€™m referring to the Smart Apps section of the SmartThings mobile app not the developer section of the website.)

Iā€™ll look into it tonight but if you could answer a few questions it would be helpful

1. Are you using iphone, android, or something else?
    Android
  2. Smartthings hub v1 or v2
    v2
  3. Do you see any errors in Live Logging? (https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs)
    No, checked that earlier. Tried enabling debugging in the app but since I canā€™t save the page that didnā€™t stick.
  4. Were you using the previous version of this app? if so, did you install a fresh version of the app through the ā€œmy appsā€ section of the SmartThings app or update an already installed version? (Iā€™m referring to the Smart Apps section of the SmartThings mobile app not the developer section of the website.)

I had the app available but didnā€™t have it installed at the time. When you released the update I overwrote the code in the IDE (for some reason your github doesnā€™t integrate in the IDE like the others so I canā€™t update from there). After that I went into ST on my phone and installed the app.

I am Using Android and V2 Hub

I can borrow an android device to test on but I donā€™t have a v2 hub to troubleshoot with so hopefully it isnā€™t the hub. If anyone else is having this issue please reply with the details of your setup as well.

This certainly wouldnā€™t be the first app that suffers from the platform differences between iOS and Android.

On a different note, I have 4 color devices if you want to test and verify color support with other devices:

• Osram LED strip
  • Fibaro RGBW controller
  • Osram A19 color bulb
  • Osram BR30 color bulb

I think I had some minor issues previously which is why I didnā€™t keep it running but I can get more details once we get past this issue and try it on the others as well.

The app should be working on Android now. The repository has been updated with the fix.

@zj4x4 Iā€™d appreciate your help in testing other color changing lights. Do your devices currently show up in the light selection section of the app? If not Iā€™ll do some research and figure out how to add them.

In case anyone else has this issue with their app, Hereā€™s how I fixed it. There were 2 things that Android didnā€™t like

1. I was trying to keep the interface a little cleaner by removing the API section from the main page after the API was set. Android had a problem with the field being removed. I had to add it back permanently to fix this error.
  2. In order to show that sub pages contained invalid/missing data, I set the href to those pages as ā€œrequired: trueā€. This caused the invalid indicator to display until you went to the page and updated the required fields. When returning to the main page, a check was done to verify that the data was valid and if it was I set the state of the href to ā€œcompleteā€. iOS interpreted ā€œstate: completeā€ to mean that the required condition had been met and allowed you to proceed. Android seems to have partially understood that it was now valid. It showed the green valid indicator but treated it as though the ā€œrequiredā€ condition was not met. To fix it, I had to dynamically set ā€œrequiredā€ to false when the data was valid.

Yepā€¦

The issue with the Osram strip is that it doesnā€™t go back to the previous state (which is typically off). Instead it stays on white.

That fix worked. Nice job and thank you

Thanks for doing this, and also for adding the contact sensor! Iā€™ve started using the LIFX bulb in my bedroom to wake me up, but may consider grabbing another one for the hallway light to alert us of weather as we head out the door. Iā€™ll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Hi,

I started using this yesterday. It is a great app.Thanks.

I needed to add a time trigger (start at a certain time) and time/day conditions.

So hereā€™s the version with these functions added. Iā€™d be very glad if you can have a look at it.
I am not good at coding; so I just copied from other apps. There might be errors.

Noob question hereā€¦

I have started to use this color changing weather lamp with a motion sensor and I cannot seem to figure out how to get my bulb to automatically turn off after a certain amount of min. Or if thatā€™s even possible. I can manually turn off the bulb in ST but would like to know if, when I trigger the light to come on with motion, that after a certain amount of time, the bulb will turn off and be ready for the next motion trigger.

thanks for any help.

Iā€™ve got the same problem. I actually turn on two bulbs where one will turn off automatically but the other seems to stay on. I used Rule machine to turn it off automatically later on at a mode change.

Mine turns off automatically after it has been triggered - there is a setting in the app.

Just had a look at he app and I think it is in the section ā€˜Where to displayā€™. If you select ā€˜Use these lightsā€™, at the very bottom there is a toggle switch ā€˜Remember light settingsā€™. Mine is set to offā€™.

1 Like

Thanks, I had my switch set to on thinking that it was off before it went on, so it should shut off but it must be remembering the previous settings when it was on last.

1 Like