[OBSOLETE: [BETA MILESTONE 2] CoRE (Community's own Rules Engine)

I’m glad this is just a hobby for me, BUT it’s turning into a game :anguished:

… but are time-lagged by 30 mins. each because of the scheduler …

1 Like

I have a hourly clock chime play on my Aeon Doorbell, it just played on time and turned off light after piston delay. My motion lights are also working and turning off on CoRE.

It’s officially recongnized

Looks like we were do for our 15-day failure :frowning:

1 Like

Incident posted to the status page now

Affected areas may include but are not limited to:

global variables
follow up pistons
piston recovery

the problem is with communication between parent and child apps. Whereas running a child method from the parent used to return the function’s return, the caller now receives an ExecutionResult wrapper which should have been transparent to the caller. A hotfix is on the way and will let you know once it’s been applied. A rebuild/recovery of all pistons may be required, I will let you know after I have word from ST that it was fixed.

2 Likes

What is the child app in CoRE? Is it our pistons or just invisible to us? Sorry, I am used to RM where we had to install both.

Yes, it is quite possibly an adverse effect of what could maybe be something that is not what is doing what is not done.

1 Like

What’s great for me… Whenever ST takes a dump, I’m always at work… And it’s usually fixed before I get home.

The wife yells, I open the door, the light turns on, I say I don’t know weekday your talking about.

5 Likes

A hotfix is being rolled out - may take a while till it propagates. But it’s being rolled out now.

5 Likes

Damn, had access for about 30 seconds! Gone again

Hey check it out. Ady is apparently the front line for Smart Things now.

Good thing we have him in Alex’s eternal absence.

2 Likes

Seems to be fixed now. Manual intervention may be needed though - pistons will recover individually on their own as they run. For a quick fix, go to CoRE > Settings > Recover all pistons

If you cannot access Settings, your server has not yet been updated with the hotfix, give it a few minutes and try again.

Thank you :wink:

7 Likes

Adrian codes while on vacation though :wink:

Awesome, thanks for being all over this @ady624 and providing updates. Ledge.

@ady624 is awesome - he reached out to us with sample code and a stack trace for this issue which made it much easier to track down. :slight_smile: The amount of time and effort he puts into this app is pretty unreal. He also reaches out to me frequently to talk about any performance issues CoRE may be causing on the platform (hint: not many). Its easy to see how much he cares about the community and ST - we’re really lucky to have him!

27 Likes

Not to pile on, but this is a difference between @ady624 and his rule engine predecessor: The latter just griped and blamed ST, while Adrian acknowledges the platform issues but seeks to overcome/compensate. Thank you!

9 Likes

That seems like a pretty unfair characterization of how Bruce tried to handle weeks/months of platform issues that made his app unstable time after time. Is it really necessary to criticize one developer in order to praise another?

But you just did? Saying “no offense” before calling a person fat or ugly doesn’t make the words any less hurtful.

I haven’t switched over to CoRE yet, I probably will when I setup my V2 hub rather than recreate rules in rule machine. I look forward to learning how to use @ady624’s app. But that doesnt diminish the fact that Bruce’s app was tremendously helpful for someone like me that can’t code to save his own life.

3 Likes

I think some people felt burned by the way the developer marred the license before he left, but I was also going to remark that the comments above were a bit dramatic, and we don’t need to bring anyone down to praise another. We miss Bruce and would welcome him back at anytime. However CoRE has more than replaced Rule Machine, and the developer has truly made it the community’s Rule Engine, and we really really appreciate that. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

If I have tried all the recovery options in settings and my core Web interface is still blank. What’s my next option to get Web interface back?
My pistons are still there and core appears to be running. Just blank Web interface.