[OBSOLETE] [BETA MILESTONE 1] CoRE (Community's own Rules Engine)

Please post a screen shot of your piston from the dashboard view.

Screenshot posted. I currently have it paused as I’m worried it will trigger while my wife is backing out of the garage.

In the screenshot it is called ‘Garage Door Close’

You don’t need the And-If piston, a Basic should work.

If (two conditions under If)
Time Happens at 10:00pm
and
Garage Door is Open
Then (two separate actions under Then)
Using Location send push notifiction
Using Garage Door, Close

1 Like

Thanks destructure00. When I use a basic and add two conditions it doesn’t show me an ‘and’ type option so I had no idea if that would require both conditions to be true to execute the then statement. So on a basic piston if you add multiple “if’s” then it requires all to be true to execute the ‘then’ statement?

When you add the second condition it will add the “And”, which you could later change to an “Or” or a few other things.

If you leave it as “And”, then yes, all conditions have to be met before the actions in the Then section will run.

Ahhh very cool, thank you destructure00! I’ve changed as you specified and will let it run tonight and I’ll let you know.

Thanks!

1 Like

Well unfortunately that didn’t work. No false positives anymore which is good, but it never executed last night. I think it has to do with the ‘happens at’ part? Should I change it to the + or - 5 minutes thing?

Was the garage door actually open at 10pm? Changing the time to +/- 5 minutes won’t do anything other than move the trigger point around, unless you have some other restrictions set somewhere in the piston. Post a pic of your piston. The screenshot you took above was of the dashboard, that doesn’t help much. If you tap on the piston name in the dashboard, that’s what we need to see. If you do it in a browser window (mobile or desktop, either will work), the camera icon at the top right corner of the screen gives you the ability to save the picture.

Yes, I opened the garage door at 9:45PM and left it open to see if it would work. At 10:05PM I gave up and closed it. I don’t have the iPhone with me at the moment so I took a screenshot from my windows 10 mobile device, but this piston was created/edited on an iPhone. How can I view the app/piston on my desktop PC or in a browser?

Also, it is a basic piston, I had to scroll down to get all the relevant info in the screenshot. Also, I edited the original piston that was an and/if, so maybe I should delete it and create it from scratch?

I thought support for myQ garage door opened ended a couple of month ago?

Looks like he’s using MyQ lite with a separate open/close sensor. I’m also using this one, it works.

Ok, I wanted to make sure. I don’t use this one and I have no experience with it.

1 Like

Not a bad idea.

You can get the dashboard URL two different ways. If you’re on a mobile device, tap the dashboard from inside the CoRE app, then at the bottom you’ll see a URL that you can copy and paste. If you’re on a PC, open your IDE Live Logging page and monitor it when you enter the CoRE smartapp on your phone, the URL will pop up in the log window.

1 Like

Great tip, I didn’t know this. One thing I would add is that I think you have to have debugging enabled in CoRE. Open CoRe, scroll down to settings and and enable debugging. I didn’t figure out which needed to be on to get the dashboard link to show but without debugging on I wasn’t getting the dashboard link in live logging.

2 Likes

Matthew, if your “garage door” does not update status in real time (which it might not - since you’re using a tilt sensor?) then you may want to disable command optimizations in the piston’s advanced options. What that does is, it will send the close command regardless of how ST thinks the door is. It may very well be that ST thinks the door is closed, making CoRE prevent that Close command - you would get a “Preventing execution of…” in the logs, if you enabled debug for that piston…

1 Like

I’d suggest the simple route of trying to watch this happen a time or two in person. Check your phone just before 10:00 (or temporarily set your rule earlier so you can test this) and see whether or not ST/MyQ says your door is closed. Then see what CoRE does. Bonus points if you have the live logger open so you can see what actually gets logged when the rule fires.

1 Like

@Aaron or @slagle could one of you please close this thread?

The development continues here

This is the last post!

5 Likes