[OBSOLETE] [BETA MILESTONE 1] CoRE (Community's own Rules Engine)

Also, it is a basic piston, I had to scroll down to get all the relevant info in the screenshot. Also, I edited the original piston that was an and/if, so maybe I should delete it and create it from scratch?

I thought support for myQ garage door opened ended a couple of month ago?

Looks like heā€™s using MyQ lite with a separate open/close sensor. Iā€™m also using this one, it works.

Ok, I wanted to make sure. I donā€™t use this one and I have no experience with it.

1 Like

Not a bad idea.

You can get the dashboard URL two different ways. If youā€™re on a mobile device, tap the dashboard from inside the CoRE app, then at the bottom youā€™ll see a URL that you can copy and paste. If youā€™re on a PC, open your IDE Live Logging page and monitor it when you enter the CoRE smartapp on your phone, the URL will pop up in the log window.

1 Like

Great tip, I didnā€™t know this. One thing I would add is that I think you have to have debugging enabled in CoRE. Open CoRe, scroll down to settings and and enable debugging. I didnā€™t figure out which needed to be on to get the dashboard link to show but without debugging on I wasnā€™t getting the dashboard link in live logging.

2 Likes

Matthew, if your ā€œgarage doorā€ does not update status in real time (which it might not - since youā€™re using a tilt sensor?) then you may want to disable command optimizations in the pistonā€™s advanced options. What that does is, it will send the close command regardless of how ST thinks the door is. It may very well be that ST thinks the door is closed, making CoRE prevent that Close command - you would get a ā€œPreventing execution ofā€¦ā€ in the logs, if you enabled debug for that pistonā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d suggest the simple route of trying to watch this happen a time or two in person. Check your phone just before 10:00 (or temporarily set your rule earlier so you can test this) and see whether or not ST/MyQ says your door is closed. Then see what CoRE does. Bonus points if you have the live logger open so you can see what actually gets logged when the rule fires.

1 Like

@Aaron or @slagle could one of you please close this thread?

The development continues here

This is the last post!

5 Likes