[OBSOLETE] ABC - Advanced Button Controller

not sure if im missing something here, ive installed the ABC manager (published) and the child (unpublished) but when i go to add controls to the device i get a network error. I am kind of new and trying to migrate everything to full smartthings control. i couldnt find any tutorial or info but what im trying to do is set the ikea remote to behave in smart things how it did originally. top button dim up, bottom button dim down, left and right buttons color cycle, and center button on/of, im also trying to use a standard two button dimmer as well as the newer 5 button controller.

Hello all,

I’m having this error when mapping the aqara cube to change ST location mode:

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_862cf6bae9ec899a11c8e244110de0c1c350c6373c7002d15ed82be7842183ac.null() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [TV Mode]

It work fine when mapping a Turn on Light funtion, the problem is when mapping a Set Mode funtion.

Can I get ABC to trigger on a motion detection instead of a button?

On October 15, 2022… the legacy side of the ST platform will start to be shut down. That includes IDE, groovy smartapps and device handlers. This will include ABC.

3 Likes

So what will be the alternative?
Need a way to toggle a smart switch when double tapping up on a homeseer wd100 dimmer.

Please advise

You can do it with regular automations. I have a WD100 doing it. The only obstacle is getting an Edge driver that will be suited for the “double” tap, etc. of the switch. I haven’t seen that, yet.

My biggest loss when ABC goes away will be the ability to brighten/dim a light by steps each time a button is pressed. I’m astonished this isn’t a native capability in ST. Any ideas on how to achieve this in the post-SmartApp world?

2 Likes

This is possible with edge drivers, even to adjust white temperature. This are just two examples one for dimming and one for changing White Temperature. It’s being around for a year.

1 Like

Interesting. I have a couple of Aeotec Nano Dimmers, connected with the official Aeotec Edge drivers, and I don’t have that option.

That’s the function of the non official zigbee light drivers. Official drivers have only basic functions

2 Likes

That’s interesting to know. You’d think the official drivers form the manufacturer would include all the functions.

As to your custom drivers, thank you for all your work and support for the community. Unfortunately for me the Aeotec dimmers are Z-Wave not Zigbee :frowning:

The dimming steps are being faciltated by the Edge driver for the Zigbee bulbs, not the dimmer.

Hello all,
New here but I’m having the same issues as above. Would like to use Tradfri dimmer to dim lights with increments. Preferably by holding down the button. Now as the Advanced Button Controller doesn’t work anymore I came to this thread. But the whole Edge drivers installation is a little above my experience.
I have the following bulbs:
Data * application: 51

• endpointId: 01
  • firmwareFullVersion: 00000051
  • firmwareImageType: 5634
  • firmwareManufacturerCode: 4098
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_nosnx7im
  • model: TS0501A
  • zigbeeNodeType: ROUTER
    Raw Description 01 0104 0101 01 08 0000 0003 0004 0005 0006 0008 0300 1000 02 0019 000A

Which I don’t see in the Beta Edge Driver Zigbee Light Multifunction Mc fingerprints.
Is this possible for me to get working without developing experience?

Thank you for any reply.

I have an app that connects my outside light sensor to indoor dimmers… Is there a functionality like this in the EDGE drivers?

any idea what will happen to abc when smart apps go away?

It dies, along with all custom Groovy smartapps. :disappointed_relieved:

no plans for some custom edge based solution?

Edge is to replace Device Type Handlers. Not Smartapps. ABC is a custom smartapp. It dies. :disappointed_relieved:

Some similar functionality can be added on a device by device basis, and some custom edge drivers are doing that. Things like cycling through multiple dim levels. But there’s no universal solution. The main thing to understand is that while we as customers are allowed to run custom edge drivers on our own hub, we are not allowed to run custom smart apps there. That means you have to use a hosting service or a local server, which is way more work.

So you would need to look at the custom edge drivers available for the specific device you want to control and see what features they offer.

You can find those by checking the quick browse lists in the community-created wiki.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section#Quick_Browse_Links_for_Edge_Drivers

As far as new ways to create rules that aren’t custom smartapps, see the following thread:

Replace Groovy with Automations—what’s your plan?

Is there something that you’re doing with ABC that SmartLighting can’t do? SmartLighting will handle button events, and it is not going away. It is being re-written, and the presumption at this point is that it will reincarnate with the same capabilities.

1 Like

What’s smart lighting? It’s the ikea styrbar remorse and aqara cube that I’m using abc for.