[OBSOLETE] 3A Nue RGBW strip controller with normal RGBW led strip lights: Manufacturer’s DTH

@3asmarthome

By resetting do you mean turn off and on 5 times (I’ve done this many times) or some other method?

Or using a small driver to press the reset button for 10 seconds.

Ok, the messed up controller is working now. I had to reset and pair with it right next to the hub. Doesn’t seem to pair well through repeaters.

Thanks for your update.

Hi

Just brought one of these devices. Thank you for the em and effort to create the device handlers.

Can I just ask if there is a way to set up a rountine to switch on one colour, say red for an alert or then green when statu sis normal?

Many thanks

Hi Andrew,

It should be fine, but I did not try it before by myself.

Regards,

Kevin

Ok an update. Found this device is brilliant. With the updated DTH (thank you banditkd) I can create themes and select colours and brightness, also use the Smart Lighting app to create actions that again can select colour etc.

I have used it to create a simple light that is on when the SHM is in away mode switched on by the goodbye routine and switched off by the I’m Back routine.

Basically I’ve used 3 LED from a RED LED strip that’s housed inside a clear plastic housing, sealed with transparent sealant and hidden out side the house.

Works very well so I don’t walk in and set off the alarm if the location settings haven’t switched the alarm off yet. It looks the part as well.

I would have liked a single channel version of this controller as its a bit of a waste not using all three channels but I couldn’t find a single output version.

Pricey maybe to light a LED but no other options other than a smart socket with 12vdc adaptor and long wore with LED at the end.

1 Like

Thanks for your update.

Hi Kevin,

Hoping you can answer my issue.

I just purchased another controller and I’m having an issue with the White color temps. I’m using the ZLL rgbw bulb - published. The controller paired and is responding, all channels working. But for white temp settings it doesn’t seem to respond correctly. 4500k-6500k white is on and a bluish\green is on, that’s fine. But when I move into the warm range the white channel turns dim-off, and the rgb makes the warm white color (not a good warm whiter) I’ll explain in a chart below.

2700k White ch - Off / RGB Yellowish
3500k White ch - 20% / RGB Yellowish
4500k White ch - 60% / RGB Yellowish/Green
6500k White ch - 100% / RGB Blue/Green (Cyan)

I would think 2700K would be White 100% / Red?
Any Ideas?

Thank You,
Mike
mdunk100@gmail.com

Thank you for your update to the DH, it works great. I only seem to see the new buttons in the Smartthings Classic app. The new apps device frontend hasn’t changed (Android 9), is there a way to force a refresh please?

Hi @Roger71. I haven’t used the new app in a while as it wasn’t very functional when it first came out. I’m no developer but let me have a look around to see if it is possible to get the buttons to appear.

Thanks

Mark

hi @Roger71 - having read this thread New app — which CUSTOM DTH’s will work? i don’t think we have gotten the extra tiles to work with the new app yet. Once one of the clever devs works this out i’m sure it can be added back in. So for now, if you need the tiles it seems you need to use the old app. Will keep checking back to see if this is fixed. Thanks

Thanks @banditkd, the tiles aren’t critical at this stage as I’m more likely to use automations to set colours based on events.

Maybe I can dissect the code and assign to virtual switches… :thinking:… Give me a years to figure it out :disappointed_relieved:

Hi all,

I just purchased the 3A Smart ZigBee RGBW controller (XY 12S-15 - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BTQJ8S5/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and I have a few questions:

1. I purchased the power supply that @Myke_Ricca recommended (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FKDK2M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sa-no-redirect=1) and it doesn’t fit. Like, quite literally the plug seems to be too narrow for the controller. Did I get the wrong / defective product? Can someone recommend a power supply that does work?

2. Does the controller have an LED that lights up when powered on? What’s the easiest way to confirm I have power to the device?

3. Power issues aside, I can’t figure out how to add this to my SmartThings. I followed all the steps above but, I’m using the new SmartThings app, not “SmartThings Classic”, so I don’t have the “Add a thing” option. How do I add from the new app?

4. @3asmarthome - I saw in the thread you were asking for emails so if you need, it’s drappo@gmail

My Smartthings hub is the one that connects to Nvidia Shield, if that helps. Thanks!

Hi Mike,

Please directly download the device handler from my website 3aSmartHome.com/downloads , or google "3A Smart Home ".

Regards,

Kevin

I have the same question @rappo. The Amazon recommended one is a 2.1mm pin size instead of 2.5mm. Can someone list what power supply that they’re using?

Hi,

You can choose the 12V DC adaptor with the 5.5x2.5mm plug, or a 5.5 x 2.1mm to 5.5 x 2.5 mm converter if you have the adapter with 5.5 x 2.1mm plug. Here are the links for you.

https://www.amazon.com/UL-Listed-Supply-Adapter-Wireless-Monitor/dp/B071NCHTM8/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=5.5x2.5mm+12v+dc+power+supply+plug+jack+adapter&qid=1568415723&sr=8-5

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5-5x2-1mm-to-5-5x2-5mm-AC-DC-Power-Supply-Plug-Jack-Adaptor-Converter-Ub/283357195719?hash=item41f967adc7:g:GXAAAOSwwZtabVi0

Regards,

Kevin

Just got the controller and tired different device handlers.
While the color changes are implemented faster with the “ZLL RGBW Bulb”, the dimming function only worked with the handler that I downloaded from 3A Smarthome.
In both instances however, the on/off status failed to update in the classic app .
After turning the device on/off, the app keeps showing “TURNINGON” or “TURNINGOFF” status until I move to another screen (i.e. device details or automation) and come back to My Home. Upon returning the “Things” list, as the screen refreshes, the correct ON or OFF status is displayed.

I have 2 separate lights but only 1 seems to work properly with the DH. 1 light fades on and off slowly and the other just goes on and off instantly. Is there anything different I need to do for multiple lights?

Hi, Not sure if it helps but i modified the original handler to add some features. I just added a ping so that it should now show as online and hopefully show you the correct status in the new app. Works fine in both the classic and new app

HTH

Mark