Notification of disconnected devices?

Occasionally, I open my Smartthings app to discover a disconnected device, but Smartthings provides me no automatic notification of this offline status. Does anyone know of a software solution (Tasker, etc.) that can detect if a device(s) is/are disconnected and push a phone notification?

There are several apps, here is one of them:

1 Like

Agree. Device Monitor is a great tool for tracking and notification of devices dropping off the mesh. I’ve used it for a long time and it makes administering SmartThings devices much easier.

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like exactly what I need.

As I am new to Smartthings and have not previously used SmartApps, Github, etc., could you kindly outline the steps involved in implementing this app or provide a link to a primer or wiki on doing so?

Thanks.

This other great monitoring app includes a link to Wiki. -:slight_smile:

[OBSOLETE] Simple Device Viewer

Thanks.

Reviewed the link. Can you confirm that this app can detect that a device is disconnected and send a push notification?

Thanks for the links. I installed the app, but, unless I’m missing something, I don’t see any option to detect offline devices and receive notifications of same.

1 Like

Not all devices support Health Check so in the “Threshold Settings” section you need to fill in the “Last Event Threshold” option and enable “Override Last Event Threshold for Offline Devices?”.

In the “Notification Settings” section you have to enable “Send Push Notifications?” and “Send Last Event Notifications?”.

1 Like

In order to check for offline devices does the polling option need to be enabled?

Any other relevant important settings?

Thanks.

If you’re talking about the “Check at this interval” setting within the Device Monitor App, yes. I have mine set at 30 minutes. If you’re talking about SmartThings ‘Device Health’, no. I have that turned off. I also have the ‘Run a check each time one of the selected devices sends an event’ choice enabled within Device Monitor.

Thanks for reply.

I’m talking about Simple Device Viewer app. Are we talking about the same?

Nope. I have the 'Simple Device Viewer too, but I’m talking about, “Device Monitor:”. This one is the one I rely on to notify me that something is disconnected and/or not communicating: