Notification of disconnected devices?

Occasionally, I open my Smartthings app to discover a disconnected device, but Smartthings provides me no automatic notification of this offline status. Does anyone know of a software solution (Tasker, etc.) that can detect if a device(s) is/are disconnected and push a phone notification?

There are several apps, here is one of them:

1 Like

Agree. Device Monitor is a great tool for tracking and notification of devices dropping off the mesh. Iā€™ve used it for a long time and it makes administering SmartThings devices much easier.

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like exactly what I need.

As I am new to Smartthings and have not previously used SmartApps, Github, etc., could you kindly outline the steps involved in implementing this app or provide a link to a primer or wiki on doing so?

Thanks.

This other great monitoring app includes a link to Wiki. -:slight_smile:

[OBSOLETE] Simple Device Viewer

Thanks.

Reviewed the link. Can you confirm that this app can detect that a device is disconnected and send a push notification?

Thanks for the links. I installed the app, but, unless Iā€™m missing something, I donā€™t see any option to detect offline devices and receive notifications of same.

1 Like

Not all devices support Health Check so in the ā€œThreshold Settingsā€ section you need to fill in the ā€œLast Event Thresholdā€ option and enable ā€œOverride Last Event Threshold for Offline Devices?ā€.

In the ā€œNotification Settingsā€ section you have to enable ā€œSend Push Notifications?ā€ and ā€œSend Last Event Notifications?ā€.

1 Like

In order to check for offline devices does the polling option need to be enabled?

Any other relevant important settings?

Thanks.

If youā€™re talking about the ā€œCheck at this intervalā€ setting within the Device Monitor App, yes. I have mine set at 30 minutes. If youā€™re talking about SmartThings ā€˜Device Healthā€™, no. I have that turned off. I also have the ā€˜Run a check each time one of the selected devices sends an eventā€™ choice enabled within Device Monitor.

Thanks for reply.

Iā€™m talking about Simple Device Viewer app. Are we talking about the same?

Nope. I have the 'Simple Device Viewer too, but Iā€™m talking about, ā€œDevice Monitor:ā€. This one is the one I rely on to notify me that something is disconnected and/or not communicating: