*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] FLAIR DEVICES with new capabilities for building physical zones in your home and controlling your mini/window splits, portable heaters/coolers

@yvesracine I have Nest Thermostat, 3 Nest Temperature Sensors and I recently bought Flair Vents. The Nest Thermostat is in our family room. Some of the bedrooms are colder than the family room while other bedrooms rooms are warmer than the family room. I thought I can use Flair vents and Ecobee Thermostat with Ecobee temperature sensors. However, Ecobee sensors are not available and they are not sure when they will get them. So, I was planning to return Flair vents, get Keen vents, and pair the Keen vents with Smartthings. Then get a few temperature sensors like Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor which is zigbee based and pair them to Smartthings. Then using Smartthings, control the Keen vents. Do you suggest Keen vents setup or Flair vents? Since you have both, can you recommend one over the other for integration through Smartthings. Since Keen talks to Smartthings directly, is it better that way than Flair? Is quality of Flair much better than Keen that is ok to keep Flair? Also, what packages of yours should I get for Nest thermostat, temperature sensors, and Flair/Keen vents and be able to normalize temperature in all the rooms?

Hi, Iā€™ve heard that Keen Home has suspended the sales of their vents. Better check it out with Keen Home service center.

For your comparison question, here is my take, see previous post:

For the Nest, youā€™d need the Nest bundle to control any vents, and the Flair vent bundle at my store for the drivers (if you choose Flair over Keen Home)ā€¦

Regards

Hello!

Iā€™m looking to integrate a Gree MiniSplit that is being installed in a Poolhouse. Iā€™m thinking the route I am going to take is simply just to get a Flair puck so I can monitor the temperature in the poolhouse and turn the AC/Heat on/off or change the setpoint. I know my minisplit has a myriad of other abilities, but the main one I need is just to be able to set the appropriate temperature.

Would this DTH be able to help me do that?

PS I also have your Ecobee ST custom handler, not that it really matters for this application.

Hi, yes, youā€™d need to contribute to MyHVACUnit bundle at my store.

@yvesracine MyFlairServiceMgr, unable to fix login issue to Flair.

App Version 2.2

When I tap Flair Connection Status, the window opens and its has a long key which ends with ā€œinvalid_tokenā€. But it never asks for a new login. How can I force a new login? Or am I misunderstanding what that means?

It was sending commands to Flair yesterday but is not working today.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi, you seem to have an authentication issue following some changes on the ST or the Flair side.

Iā€™d recommend removing all Flair devices from your automations, removing the app, and restart from scratch.

Regards.

Thanks Yves, it must have been an outage issue at Flair, as it started working properly about 10 minutes after I sent that message.

Anyone else having problems with SmartThings settings for Flair Puck getting to the Flair cloud/app? My Webcore programming has become completely wonky with some changes making it to the mini split and others not, and there is no consistency. As of today, temperature changes are not making it to the Flair cloud and thus the mini split, at all.

Changes in the Flair app have no issues reaching the mini split. So, the problem is between SmartThings and Flair.

Instability has continued.

@yvesracine How can I obtain logs for your review? I have set log filtering to 5, but see no difference in the IDEā€™s Live Logging. I only see messages like " 10:22:01 AM: info rescheduleIfNeeded>scheduling takeAction in 1 minutesā€¦"

Hi @danhvos,

Youā€™re the only one with this issue (to my knowledge) as, on my side of things, everything works normally.

FYI, all the required troubleshooting instructions are at the community wiki (see links below).

The logs can be enabled for the devices or the smartapp (MyFlairServiceMgr) using device preferences or in the smartapp (last screen).

Ex. Device Logs for MyHVACUnit:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Flair_HVac_Unit#Issue_.237:_I_want_to_get_more_tracing_in_the_IDE

For HVACUnitā€™s troubleshooting, refer to:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Flair_HVac_Unit#Troubleshooting

If you are switching from the Flair app (auto) to SmartThings (manual), donā€™t forget that, in order to use the SmartThings integration, youā€™d need to set the Flair system to manual mode in the Flair app. If your ST integration doesnā€™t work, itā€™s more likely an authentication or a configuration issue in the Flair app.

Refer to the prerequisites below:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Flair_HVac_Unit#Prerequisites

In the case that you need more support, please contribute to the right support package at my store.

Regards.

Youā€™re welcome to come to the Hubitat platform where my solutions are alive and kicking. I have had a Hubitat store for more than a year at my siteā€¦

https://www.maisonsecomatiq.com/hubitatstore