[RELEASE] FLAIR DEVICES with new capabilities for building physical zones in your home and controlling your mini/window splits, portable heaters/coolers

Yes, it’s possible, but just to warn you, the puck temperature needs to be offset as it’s known to be higher than the actual ambient temperature. It used to be documented also in the Flair forum.

How can I access the AWAY settings for certain rooms? In webCore I can select some of the options but no actual rooms/devices.

Hi, You cannot set some specific rooms to Away, only your overall home structure.

In the Puck DTH, for example, you can access the following commands

command "awaySmartAway"
	command "awayDeferToRooms"
	command "awayOffOnly"

and attributes:

attribute "stHomeAwayMode","string"
	attribute "stAwayMode","string"                

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Puck_device#Information

P.S. You’d need to contact Flair support to properly set those attributes, as the APIs documentation is thin. I’ve worked to expose them to SmartThings, but there are subtleties that need to be addressed with Flair.

Regards.

Here is referral link for a 10% discount for the Flair products:

On the fence with Keen vs Flair vs Nothing. Is the general consensus that Flair > Keen ?

There are some pluses and minuses for both solutions…

Flair suffers less interferences with its proprietary protocol as Keen uses Zigbee… But at my home, Keen has been working fine (with the Keen Bridge has a repeater under ST) for more than 2 years (I haven’t changed the batteries yet with my DTH)…

I’ve had Flair for more than a year now and it’s working well so far… As it’s a cloud to cloud integration, it takes more time to set a level (0,50,100) due to servers load, network latency, etc… You cannot set a more precise level like Keen (ex. 25, 75,90)…

However, the Flair vents are usually less expensive than Keen.
Just my 2 cents…

What made you get Flair if you were already invested in Keen?

I was interested in their zoning capabilities for development purposes… I created all the Flair DTHs for SmartThings…

Hi,

I made a small change to My Flair Vent in v1.1.2 to reflect some recent changes that were made on the Flair APIs side. Now, the vent readings don’t report a closed vent state as the vent readings’ level is set to 1 even if the vent is closed.

So, I implemented a work around in the DTH to reflect a closed vent state when the vent’s level is not greater than 5.

My contributors can download the new code using the sellfy download link that was sent to them when they originally contributed at my store.

Please also take into account the vent level limitations as documented at the ST community wiki:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Flair_Vent#Set_level_command_may_only_work_for_0.25.2C50.25_or_100.25

Regards.

I just installed a Flair Puck and purchased the DTH. In Smartthings, it is showing a temperature 10-11 degrees higher that what the Puck itself is showing or what a multi sensor is showing. For instance, right now It says the temperature is 79 while the Puck and the multisensor both say 68. The Recently tab shows wacky values also. Is this a known problem?

Hi,

Yes, it’s a known issue as indicated here:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Puck_device#Known_issues

And, it’s also documented at the Flair community forum here:

The room’s current temperature is somehow more accurate under the following DTH’s attributes:

rmCurrentTemperatureDisplay
	rmCurrentTemperature

So, I’d recommend to use that value if you need it for your HA scenarios with Core/WebCore.

I’m just showing the data that come from the Flair APIs. The die temperature has never been documented, so I don’t know what this value represents. You may contact Flair support for more details.
Regards.

Hi, I was hoping that Flair would fix their APIs at one point as the puck’s temperature value coming from the APIs is too high…

But, it seems that my assumption was wrong, so in the meantime, I worked on a workaround to substitute the puck’s temperature with the room’s temperature which is more accurate.

You can download the new version of the Puck Device (v1.1.3) at my store using the original download link.

To update the code, just copy and paste the new DTH code over your existing code, save & publish in the IDE.

Regards.

Thank you.

@yvesracine, I’ve read all this topic and I have a few questions to “close the deal” with Flair and your apps
That’s my setup: ST Hub, 2 Samsug HiWall Split (one at my living room and one at my master bedroom).
Questions: what hardware do I need? Two Flair pucks? Anything else?
Which of your apps or bundle you recommend to perform actions like: turn On AC if the room temps reach a certain value? Turn Off AC if nobody is in the room after a certain time? Control the AC using my ST App?
Sorry for all these questions!
Regards

Hi, first you need to check with Flair (contact support at flair.co) if the Samsug HiWall Split is supported (it should be as Samsung is a major brand, but they may not support all models). If so, you’d need 2 pucks (one for each split as the puck uses IR) and the following bundle at my store:

• My HVAC unit bundle ($15) at my store.

With the bundle, you can expose your unit to SmartThings as a thermostat and a switch, so you can control it by turning it on/off manually (using the DTH) or define a setpoint (target temperature).

See
For the unit:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Flair_HVac_Unit#Look_.26_Feel

For the puck:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Puck_device#Look_.26_Feel

For your custom rules, you can use WebCore as my zoned heating/cooling smartapps usually control the units based on a master thermostat at your home (ex. Nest, ecobee, honeywell, any ST connected thermostats).

The ScheduleTstatZone smartapp can turn on/off the units based on your active (using your motion sensors) & scheduled zones at your home and keep the slave thermostats’ setpoints in synch with your master thermostat. I don’t know if you have such a configuration or not. Most people use splits for cooler/hotter rooms and still have a master thermostat for central heating/cooling.

Regards.

I’m From Brasil and don’t have a master thermostate. The big issue is if flair based temp sensor in the room Will automatically turn On the AC when temp reach a pre set trigger temp.

Example: during my sleep at night the temp reaches 26°C and setpoint is 24. The flair will turn the AC on…

Based on your answer and apps resources, I think it will work just fine

Regards

Enviado do Yahoo Mail no Android

Then, my smartapp can work for your use case as you can define a Night schedule and not include the room(s) where the units are located as part of the active zones. The smartapp will automatically turn them off during the Night schedule and turn them on during the day to reach your setpoint.

ScheduleTstatZones is available also at my store ($15).
Regards

Great! As soon as I get the Flair, I’ll buy the apps

Enviado do Yahoo Mail no Android

Hi,

For all my contributors and Flair users, I’ve just released new versions of MyFlairVent (v1.1.4), MyPuckDevice (v1.1.6), MyHvacUnit (v1.1.4 ), MyFlairTstat (v1.1.3) with some small minor enhancements to be able to automatically remove the devices from the MyFlairServiceMgr (v1.1.4) when a ST user forcefully deletes the devices using the IDE or the Samsung/SmartThings mobile apps.

If you’re a contributor, you can download the new versions at my store using your original sellfy download link.

https://www.maisonsecomatiq.com/store

Regards.