New ST user: speakers with Alexa or Google that play Apple Music?

(Chris) #1

Hello All,

First time poster here.

I just bought a new home, a complete gut rehab. When I started looking into security systems, I got frustrated at the monthly cost. I thought to myself, surely technology has advanced enough to where I can monitor my own home. I eventually made my way to SmartThings.

The home security assets associated with ST seem very straight forward, and I have no problems with that. I plan on getting sensors for all my doors and windows. Plus a few motion sensors. I plan on adding light switches and things like that down the road as needed/wanted.

My real question is, I would like to integrate wireless speakers with Alexa or Google home on each level of my home (3 levels) that can all work together. I am an apple music subscriber and I would like to keep that subscription. Are there any options out there for me?

Thanks

(Andy Edgeworth) #2

So you want Amazon and Google to let you play music from one of their biggest competitors on their devices, while you ignore their offerings? Ain’t gonna happen… Witness the petty removal of Google’s YouTube from Amazon’s Fire TV because Amazon wouldn’t sell Google products. So you’ll have to buy a HomePod as well!! Don’t you just love the free market lol!

(Chris) #3

So maybe I just drop apple music and go with amazon? or spotify?