New Harmony Smart Home Skill is Live [Alexa]

I really hope they don’t remove the red one. It’s the only way I get to use my 2 harmony hubs. I use the blue for my living room hub and the red for my bedroom. Since I dont use my bedroom tv often, I dont mind the “tell harmony” invocation.

1 Like

I’m never happy to pay more money if I don’t have to. But isn’t it pretty common to have more than one tier for streaming services? Netflix does it too; mo’ money, mo’ devices.

1 Like

Sweet. Will mess with this tonight since my new Echo from Prime Day will be replacing the Dot on our main floor.

2 Likes

It makes sense though. Content is the major expense for these companies, especially music where they usually pay per stream. If you can stream to multiple devices at once, you’re consuming more content and should pay more. Simple matching of cost and revenue.

1 Like

So if we already had the blue setup, we don’t need to do anything, correct?

You probably need to relink, but not 100% sure…

I just tested without changing anything. Works peefectly.

2 Likes

I have integration with two hubs by having Alexa tied directly to my living room harmony hub and then SmartThings tied to my bedroom hub. Then use virtual switches and Alexa to control bedroom hub with voice. Obviously not as nice as native Alexa integration as need activity/channel and special volume only activities but it works alright. Guess I need to check out Echo Assistant if it streamlines this, but it works well enough.

1 Like

Did you remove the red skill? Anybody know if we still need that?

I have both skills enabled. The blue skill attached to my living room hub and the red skill attached to my bedroom hub. I did nothing to change either and the new functionality just works. I did notice that the red skill has modified name and now says “Harmony Inactive”. I really hope this doesnt mean it will be removed soon.

Alexa mute the TV

1 Like

Thanks, I realized that right after I posted this. Too bad I have four Harmony hubs and only one skill!

3 Likes