New Brands/Devices available on the SmartThings Platform

find out which products are supported first because the app is not showing a supported devices list.

Yep linked and no devices showing. Fingers crossed though

Can anyone help the Tapo P100 work in Hungary with the new integration?

No idea. Does tapo c200 camera work with this?

No, neither the C200 neither the C100.

But the P100 smart socket works. Sorry, I cannot tell that would it work with a Hungarian Samsung Account, but with a UK one it works. If the integration shows up in the app then I think it will work.

But again, a shame on the platform. It is C2C when the devices could be controlled locally as the Tapo App supports that.

@Automated_House, the difference is a lot. A completely different product lines, different control methods etc. They came from a Chinese brand somehow as the cameras are sold under different names, like Mercury as well.

I guess it will support the smart socket and the light bulbs, but not the cameras, as that is a lot of work to implement and just a few did (Arlo, Ring, Nest, if I am rightā€¦).

They are fairly cheap products and quite reliable. They do support local control through the Tapo app.
What is important keep your products firmware version up to date, they had some nasty issues.

1 Like

Hm well that sucksā€¦

Damn, that list hasnā€™t been updated sinceā€¦ well done to Aeotecā€¦

Just got confirmation that the P100 works

By the way, send a message to Tapo and ask them what the integration is going to cover. They tend to answer nicely to this sort of questions. Another forum I asked some users about the C210, but nobody knew what is the difference from the C200, then another user chimed in and told that asked Tapo and they gave a decent answer (mainly the resolution is different). So give it a shot!

Would save alot of bother if onvif was included in ST, that would be very useful

2 Likes

25 likes from me

2 Likes

If MQTT was included in STā€¦

1 Like

I briefly tried to understand MQTT

You Sir are way cleverer than this old dog :persevere:

Thanks for the information. Smartthings application (android, wifi) appears Tapo, ā€œother deviceā€ is not the type. I buy a few pieces and write my experience.

Gosund has been added

1 Like

Hi by Geonav has been added. Another tuya based company.

2 Likes

Another Tuya based brand. Does anyone know what devices work from there? They are fairly cheap in Europe.

1 Like

I was hoping Tapo and Gosund would update their menu in the app to show that, but no luck. No details on their support site either.

1 Like

Simply Conserve has been added

https://simplyconserve.com/smart/

This must be us only