New Alexa Skill Not Discovering Devices After Migration

The larger one that is never discovered is a UN55NU6900FXZA, live in USA.

Even if you can’t PM other members yet, you can tag them with the @ in your post and they will be notified.

@lars , for example, Will be tagged because of this post and hopefully can help with your issue. :sunglasses:

@Lars Hi there, I hope you are well.
I am also having a lot of trouble discovering my Samsung smartthings hub using Alexa.
I am new to the community and I am not able to PM you.
I have reinstalled both Alexa and Smartthings app and tried putting them both into the 2.4GHz network etc.
Please could you help? I am not sure if I should be putting my email address here.
Thanks for your help in advance.

The smartthings hub itself does not show up as a device in the Alexa app. The integration is actually cloud to cloud between your Amazon account and your smartthings account.

Zigbee and Z wave devices which are connected to your smartthings hub will show up in the Alexa app after the integration is enabled.

So if you were waiting for your hub to show up, it never will. But if you have devices connected to that hub which are not showing up, that’s a different issue.

( and you were right to not put your email address in the forum. You can put it in a private message once you are able to use those.)

Yep, I understand.
I have Nest Thermostat on Smartthings at the moment.
Although I have enabled the smartthings skills on Alexa and linked the account, I cannot see my Nest thermostat in the Alexa app.

1 Like

@hknick PM:ed you

1 Like

I’m betting Nest isn’t exposed to Alexa via SmartThings. Isn’t there a native Nest Alexa skill?

1 Like