New Alexa Skill Not Discovering Devices After Migration

Having the same issue and not able to get it to work. Trying sending a message to @Lars although won’t let me PM. New user in the forum.

I ended up fixing my problem right after I posted this. I logged into the web interface for Smart Things and noticed I had two HOME locations. One from the old app and one from the new. I verified there were no devices in the first Home Location and deleted that location. Once I did this I ran discovery. Low and behold all devices detected and functional.

If you are still unable to discover device, send me a PM with your SmartThings email and I will take a look.,

So Alexa works fine with SmarThings on my newer Shows but on my original gen Show, tap, and Echo I get sorry something is wrong, try reenabling in the Alexa app. Of course it is enabled and connected in Alexa app. Tried disabling and enabling, no go. No duplicates exist.

@Lars, I’m having the same problem with my hub since the migration. Will PM you.

@Lars , Sir, I am also having the same issue, however, I am not sure I can PM you yet as my account was just created.

Which of the issues, no devices discovered?

1 Like

My apologies, Sir. Since migrating, I cannot get my Alexa to recognize my Smartthings devices or scenes. I’ve unlinked and relinked the skill, reboots, etc. I cannot figure out why.

Sent you a private message!

1 Like

Having the same problem as above, sent you a private message Lars!

So how was this resolved? I have the same issue, Alexa won’t discover devices in the new SmartThings app.

There was a temporary issue affecting above user. If you are still unable to discover, please PM your account email and I will take a look.

Having a similar problem. New user here. Just set up a new account and a new hub. Can’t get Alexa to discover the hub or any of the devices.

Since you’re a new user, it’s not likely to be the problem under discussion in this thread.

Have you enabled the integration?

You will have to have both the smartthings app and the alexa app installed on your phone before you start.

See the instructions in the following support article:

Also note that the integration with Alexa is cloud to cloud, not through the hub. The Hub will not show up as a device in your Alexa app.

Yes I’ve done all those things. I have both apps on my phone. I have enabled the skill under Alexa. Actually enabled and disabled it several fives for troubleshooting. The Alexa service shows up correctly under linked services in the SmartThings App. Alexa does not discover any devices.

Which SmartThings devices should Alexa be able to discover? If the hub doesn’t show up as a device in Alexa, why is a SmartThings Hub one of the devices Alexa specifically lists as a device you can add?

1 Like

And please let me know if I should move this to a different thread.

1 Like

It should be able to discover lightbulbs, light switches, smart locks, plug-in pocketsockets, most kinds of sensors, thermostats, LED strips, electrical relays, connected to your smartthings account. (The integration is at the account level.) it should also discover most of your scenes created in smartthings.

The hub will show as a selectable device for purposes of the skill during setup, but it will not show up as a discovered device in the Alexa app after it has been set up.

And, yes, a new thread would be best. Just put it under “devices and integrations”

There are potentially some Wi-Fi network issues that might cause the problems you’re seeing, so when you create your post to make sure you specify the brand and model of your Wi-Fi router, The model of your smartthings hub (it should be on a label on the underside of the hub), and whether your echo device and your ST hub are on the same Wi-Fi network.

Thanks @JDRoberts !

@tbenjam if above info does not solve your issue, feel free to send a private message to me with your Samsung account email and I will investigate.

1 Like

New user so cannot PM anyone such as Lars. Alexa with SmartThings skill on my Moto Android phone (and also when I try from alexa.amazon.com on PC) never discovers my 55 inch Samsung TV that I can control from the SmartThings app directly. After long sessions on the phone with Samsung ST support, who then sent me to Motorola, nothing helped. We have uninstalled and reinstalled both the Alexa and SmartThings apps, factory reset the TV, etc. The TV, smartphone and Echo devices are all on the same named 2.4 WiFi network. If there is indeed a setting in my account that I can’t see or fix, how do I get this resolved? Thanks.

One odd thing is I also have a smaller Samsung TV that is not supposed to be supported, but for some reason if I say to my Echo Dot “Turn Television on (or off)” it does control the power of that TV. I don’t see any device in my list in the Alexa app named television, so something odd is stuck in there.

What’s the model number of the television and what country do you live in?