NEW: Aeon Home Energy Monitor v2 Device

@theedpope he is running android, however when I installed the v2 code a couple weeks ago the only way I can get actual data and not --'s was to comment out the color coding in the device type. Scroll up starting at about post # 14

Thank you for that information, I thought that was related to the Android bug… Oh well. I will comment it out. I was able to get it to work in my code, maybe… I will actually take some time to see if I can resolve this somehow (SMILE)…

Hi there…! Anyone has this code working to get individual clamp readings? I have both HEM V1 and HEM G2 … Thanks BTW for what has been shared so far.

I have a question, Two Days Ago I install my HEM V2 device and the first 2 days it was running good, but yesterday in the night the amount of Watts are in negative and then the energy consumption in case of go up start decreasing. what this means? the poser grip change the phase?

This graph you show seems to be the total kWh, the only way I can think that it would work its way down is if one of the clamps was backwards. Each clamp needs to be connected in a certain way. They have small symbols on them.

For it to of been working properly and then not I’d think you would of had to change something?

Ditto - There’s an arrow on the clamps - they need to be installed so that they point opposite directions. If you still get negative values (doubtful), try flipping them to the opposite polarity.

@storageanarchy Installed your device type for a v2 model but I’m not getting the cost calculation and the row on the left. Also noticed that the configuration tile when I click on it, it does nothing but preferences let me change the cost.

this is what I’m getting after a night of it collecting info


Did you try the reset button? It should zero everything and update the top left tile at a minimum…

@storageanarchy yep reset did it had some problems when I moved it from a receptacle straight in to the breaker box and it started measuring negative Watts but after changing the polarity of the clamps it got the negative read out fixed. now just waiting for Xively to approve my free developer account so I can measure the usage across time

1 Like

Sweet - glad to hear that it’s working for you now. Nice install…

thanks, Smartthings should make your app the default device type instead of what they have, Really love it and my wife loves it also and even got me to convince her to buy some switches and sensors to automate lighting :smile:

@storageanarchy have you had problem with the UI in Android? on both my 4.4 and 5.0 preview devices it only shows – and not data but on a iPad running iOS 7 and on a iphone running 8 I can see the readings without problems.

Yes scroll up to post #14 you have to remove the color coding it’s an issue with android.

Trying to install this app and all I get is

No signature of method: script14145437013551703369223.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script14145437013551703369223$_run_closure1) values: [script14145437013551703369223$_run_closure1@1d5f3088] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Could some one point me in the right direction.



This is not an app it’s a device type.

Thanks that did the trick, not to only get energy to be displayed.

@LiquidChef If you’re using Android and you’re getting – instead of numbers after 10 mins or so and when you go to activity you see the actual numbers you may need to remove the color changing code for the tiles.

Its on IOS, will see what its like at the end of the day when I get home and see if anything is being reported.

tap the reset tile once and see if that doesn’t get things working for you…