NEW Advanced User App for SmartThings Web!

Please, allow to export the events as CSV, XML or JSON formats specifying different filters, i.e. by capability, atribute, time, etc.

It would also be terrific if you could provide an option to get the data from the energy dashboard, maybe on xls?

1 Like

And the Z-Wave Route! This information helps to figure out if flakiness at a particular device is due to some expired/removed device or a funky route.

1 Like

Add to that a useful In-Use By stat for devices, to see which routines and scenes are referencing this device.

3 Likes

Honestly, Iā€™d rather have a standard zwave topology map like pretty much every other major zwave platform has. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

For simplicity, Iā€™d take a simple text-based route, as in the IDE

1 Like

Yeah, but that one just listed one path taken at one moment in time, and could be hours out of date. It doesnā€™t tell you what path the device will try next time, or even what path it most frequently takes.

Iā€™d much rather have the topology map. And of course, some real route statistics on top of that would be even better, but thatā€™s a lot more work to capture.

2 Likes

Hi, everyone
Thank you for the feedback youā€™ve provided so far, we have shared your comments/requests with the corresponding team.

We also reported the issues mentioned in these posts:

10 Likes

While i hear the argument, would it not be possible to stamp the export with the hub version and for versions that are close enough, not breaking the functionality set to permit a reimport?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure theoretically, but in practice since they donā€™t seem to publish change logs, or even necessarily know all the things theyā€™ve changed each time, Iā€™m not sure how it would work out. But obviously Iā€™m just guessing at all of this, I donā€™t have any inside information. :thinking:

1 Like

one other thing that would be helpful to have is have a listing of an action trigger, so that tracking down an expected control issues is easier to do.

And another vote for backup and restore.

2 Likes

Hi @homeagain, Can you explain what you mean? or Can you give me an example?

In another thread, I noted that I have an activity that is happening every day on two separate devices at 7:42 AM. This is new occurrence, and Iā€™m not aware of why it would be happening. Iā€™ve not aware of any automations or scenes that Iā€™ve programed at that time, so it is unclear what is actually causing that to occur. If the event log indicated the trigger device like ā€œRoutine XYZ Triggered Device ABC on at 7:42 AMā€, this would be much easier to troubleshoot with than ā€œDevice ABC turned on at 7:42 AM.ā€

8 Likes

I understand, I will add it as a feature request

8 Likes

And not adding a request to show the Zwave network route - which was present in the old IDE?

2 Likes

Am I just not seeing the Reboot option orā€¦?

Add my vote as well for the ability to backup and restore. :+1:

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion.
I put that separately since that information (network ID) is already present in the API and could be a simple addition to the Web UI.
Other requests mentioned in the posts above were added to the general list of enhancement requests for the team to look at.

1 Like

Turn a routine on or off with a routine .

1 Like

Hi, @Sylvain
I think that request wouldnā€™t be for this tool because I donā€™t know if weā€™re going to be able to edit/create routines through here and you can use the following workaround:

Now with this tool you can create more location modes, so, you can create a mode that would be part of the condition for certain routines to run or not and create a routine that changes the location mode to avoid those routines running.

2 Likes