networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S0_LEGACY existing device

Hello all,

I have a new issue that just popped up. I have five Monoprice 4-in-1 motion sensors that have been running fine for about two years. Recent two of them have not stopped showing motion, but still updating temp, battery, humidity, etc. I replaced the batteries, pushed the little pin hole to force update and nothing. So I unpaired the two devices and repaired them. Now they are showing up as * networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S0_LEGACY. The other two are still running fine. I tried generic zwave device handler, monoprice device handler, zooz device hander. It still shows up as legacy. No clue why these two are having issues but the other two are not.

Thanks.

Can you see what firmware level they are at? Compare the ones that work with the ones that don’t.

Exactly the same.

zw:Ss type:0701 mfr:0109 prod:2021 model:2101 ver:5.01 zwv:4.05

Well, I don’t know why it’s only showing up for some of the devices, but they are getting ready for their S2 certification so that’s why it would start showing up for older devices.

@tpmanley

If you DM me your hub ID, I will look into this for you.

1 Like

I see this with a Zooz outlet I just added

I noticed that new tag in the IDE a while back when trying (unsuccessfully - see all the zeros in the raw description) to add some existing Aeon Recessed Door Sensors after my v3 migration. As shown below, they no longer get included with their proper Raw Description and while one successfully completed S0 negotiation, the other failed it. My guess was that these are pre-S2 Zwave Plus devices so when they manage to include Securely (see first couple characters in Raw Description) but not using S2, they get the ZWAVE_S0_LEGACY tag, and when it fails… well they get the FAILED tag shown below.

No solution yet, but I am hoping the 25 beta will bring good news in this regard. As soon as I get the update, this is the first thing I will check…

4 Likes

Well… just added a new Zooz 4 in 1 sensor and it failed to properly include however it succeeded in securing S0 status…

1 Like