Nest Heating

Guys.

I use ST and Nest and everything seems fine. I am trying to find a way to do this.

When me and my Mrs leave in the morning I have NST Manager change the mode of my Nest from Home to Away. This then puts Nest in Eco mode. What I am trying to do is this. I would like to use locations like Geo Fence so that when she leaves work (takes her an hour to get home) it will change the Nest from Away to Home and set the temp to the correct setting. Now on IFTTT they have something that is close but the Nest must be in Home mode which it won’t be. Any ideas on how to work around this with IFTTT or ST?

Thanks in advance.

Would it be possible to do two separate IFTTT applets that use location within like a mile or less of each other? First one puts nest in home mode and the second sets the temp?

I did think about something along them lines. Unless I am missing something I don’t see with IFFTT a way to set Nest to Home.

To add to what Robin stated.

If you were to install webCoRE and webCoRE Presence, then you could add a specific location (Geofence perimeter) for her work and when she hits the departure perimeter, then you create a Piston (Routine equivalent) when she leaves that location, set SmartThings to a NEW Mode (Homebound) or something. This way nothing interferes with the rest of your SmartThings Routines / Automations that are already in place when Mode changes to Home.

Then go into NST Manager and modify your Modes Automation to include the Homebound Mode to set Nest back to Home, changing it from Eco, or setting additional Automations to set a specific Heat / Cool Setpoint.

Then when she arrives at the home location, the mode gets set to Home and disarms, etc…

1 Like

Ok thanks chaps. Never used WebCore. Is this all done on the phone or is there a web page to set all this up?

@anon36505037 is one of the resident experts around WebCoRE and a lot of the documentation.

[deleted]

Thanks chaps.

I have both NST Manager and webCoRE Presence installed, although I haven’t tied the two together yet. I have to revamp all my existing automations first and then insert all of it in to compliment what I am already doing in ST.

Hello. Are you able to give me some assistance on this section please?. I have setup a ST Mode called Coming Home and I have enabled this in NST Manager.

Can you help me build this section.?

If you were to install webCoRE and webCoRE Presence, then you could add a specific location (Geofence perimeter) for her work and when she hits the departure perimeter, then you create a Piston (Routine equivalent) when she leaves that location, set SmartThings to a NEW Mode (Homebound) or something. This way nothing interferes with the rest of your SmartThings Routines / Automations that are already in place when Mode changes to Home.

Many thanks

Craig

Your best bet is to watch the getting started video for webCoRE itself and then the Installation video and then goto the community and follow the install instructions and get that setup first.

Then for webCoRE Presence (separate installer), follow the instructions for your phone OS.

Then any issues that you have around anything, sign up and post all issues in the official webCoRE community.

This should also help you learn more about WebCoRE

Set both Home and Work in Google maps and use IFTTT channel to change Nest when she leaves work. Issue with this is if doesn’t come straight home.
You can also use just Home in Google maps but make it a larger area.