My Somfy-SmartThings Integration

How funny. I tried the new app as well, but no luck. Tried going through my device handlers to re-publish them last night, but still no luck. Did the same again tonight on a Hail Mary and it FINALLY worked when including a new virtual node. Have to go back and set them all up, but worth it.

Super excited because the new virtual device I was trying to setup is the motorized screen on my porch. Super excited to have them in SmartThings finally!

heya fellows, I installed three Somfy Window Shades over the weekend. I got them all with ST and I’m using the imnotbob/somfy-shades DTH.

I’m trying to get the presets to work. I preset works in the Classic ST app, works in AT (albeit goofy with a slider control instead of a simple button press) but the present button is not working in the new ST app on my iPhone. When pressing the preset button it throws the following exception in the logs:

physicalgraph.app.exception.SmartAppException: device failed to execute command presetPosition, Command ‘presetPosition’ is not supported by device of type ‘somfy-shades’

Supported commands: [on, off, setLevel, refresh, ping, open, close, pause, OpenSync, CloseSync, TiltSync, levelOpenClose] @line 483 (doCommand0)

Does anyone have a fix for this? It appears imnotbob/somfy-shades hasn’t been updated in a few years and I haven’t got into webCore (yet).

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
-Dave.

Hi everyone, new here, I got everything installed and it appears to be working however, somehow the close and the preset buttons in the app seem to be flipped, IE when i click close it goes to my preset location and when I click preset it closes the blinds all the way. Is there a way I can quickly edit the code to get theses to work with my shades correctly? I am using this on outdoor solar shades not indoor blinds if that matters but both use RTS. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, haven’t had discourse installed on my new phone so missed the notifications. If you are still having issues I can take a look over the weekend with the ZRTSI I have at home, haven’t used it in over a year though.

How did you create the virtual nodes in the new app?

I am stuck and I have the following below:

I have just been trying to figure out how to get this working. I followed instructions number (above)

1 . all good

2 ( Create the Somfy zWave Blinds Device Type - Courtesy of @Ashwin (@ashwin’s code ) .

The code for is not there? Does anyone have this code to try? It would be greatly appreciated.
I also figured out that when you mention ST it means smartthings and I also just figured out that most of the apps and things don’t work in the new app. You need to download the smartthings classic app.

I am using somfy motors and the zrtsii controller with 16 channels.

All I can see for now is to connect a generic z wave device it pairs but doesn’t allow me to add virtual nodes. I guess I need the other application.

Regards,
Tim H.

hello all, I just wrote this Somfy ST Integration Guide for the year 2020. I hope this helps:

I am looking for some technical expertise in connecting my Somfy controller bridge (model #1811265) to my SmartThings hub. I have the Somfy bridge connected to 4 screen motors and 4 shutter motors. That seems to be working.

I haven’t been able to connect the Somfy controller to the SmartThings hub. It seemed to connect one shutter on it’s own but it doesn’t allow me to add others. I’m perplexed.

…with impending EOL of Groovy support in SmartThings, does anyone know the status of the imnotbob/somfy-shades (master) custom DH?

3 Likes

@DaveB I (and others in here) are in the process of dumping the ZRTSI Somfy bridge and accompanying ST custom DH and migrating to a Bond Bridge and using the Bond Bridge Edge driver written by @blueyetisoftware. (he recently added the MY preset position to it)

It works really well, check out this thread.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/st-edge-bond-bridge-lan-beta

2 Likes

Thanks @uberrob . That MY button is in the alpha channel, but will be in the beta channel soon. @DaveB The Bond Bridge as an RF / IR emitter. You add the codes/remotes for your blinds to that bridge, and then use the driver referenced above to control the Bond Bridge through SmartThings. The driver is also local, so you can use it to enable automations that still work when the internet is out.

1 Like

So how does the somfy device appear in SmartThings and sharptool rules? Do they have simply 3 states: Open / Close / Preset? I presume there’s no SetLevel (0-100) like a dimmer…

I would be interested in seeing a picture of a somfy device in SmartThings, as well as a SharpTools Rule controlling one, just to make sure i understand correctly.

Thanks all!

1 Like

The appearance is driven by the capabilities of the blinds and how they are setup in the Bond app. Not many blinds offer that dimmer level control within the bond app. If they do, the dimmer control would show up as well in ST. Here is an example without the dimmer.

Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 1.21.00 PM
Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 1.20.49 PM

1 Like

Thanks… I have my Bond Bridge paired to my ST app via the Edge drivers, and I see the bridge in ST.

I added my Somfy shades and blinds into the Bond app, and they work fine.

How do I update the ST app to see the new Somfy devices added into the BOND app? (I tried powering OFF the Bond bridge, initiating a ST SCAN, powering ON the Bond bridge, thinking that might start a pairing process again, but no luck…)

You don’t need to initiate pairing again if the Bridge is paired. You can verify the pairing works by trying to adjust the brightness of the blue ring on the bridge from the ST device. If that works, it’s paired. To find new devices, you just need to go to discovery again.

If it isn’t paired, you should restart your Bond bridge, before going into ST discovery

If that doesn’t work, I’d restart the ST hub.

How do I dim it?

Looks like it isn’t paired. I would delete the device and try again to discover. If that doesn’t pair, you can also manually pair it by going into the settings and providing the token. The token is in the Bond app. Go to the settings for your hub, go to advanced and look for local token. Give that to your hub device in ST.

Copied the local token over, re-scanned… working like a champ now. THANKS!

1 Like

The default SharpTools tile appears to simply toggle between OPEN / CLOSE.

Do I need to create a SharpTools SUPER TILE to add the Somfy MY button (pause/preset) functionality?

Sorry, I’m not familiar with SharpTools. The driver is utilizing the standard windowShadePreset capability if that helps.

1 Like

I prefer not to dump my perfectly good ZRTSI unless nobody decides to write an Edge driver for it. Here’s hoping.