My GE link bulbs go CRAZY

It seems to be fairly random and for the most part you either have have issues or you don’t (well duh) but what I mean is, when I was using Wink I’d basically spend every week resetting bulbs to get them to come back but when I did nothing else other than switch to the SmartThings hub, I pretty much no long have any issues.

Sure I’ll get one occasionally drop out but that’s usually after a power outage or an accidental switch off.

I have 5 GE Link bulbs. They have worked fine with the exception of 1, which seems to like to be in the opposite mode (on/off) from what it should be. I reset it once and it was OK for a few days. Today I tried to reset it again and it didn’t work. Now… the other 4 are completely unresponsive. I’m not sure what is going on. They are all in ceiling fixtures so a real pain to take them down and reset them individually. One switch controls 2 fixtures so I did a reset from the wall switch. They did the flash but now I can’t get them to repair. The others just stopped working, so all 5 are unavailable. Removing and readding is going to be a pain too because they are used in a lot of rules. Any other suggestions? Other than different bulbs?

[quote=“rpittser, post:22, topic:40324, full:true”]. Any other suggestions? Other than different bulbs?
[/quote]

You can try these steps:

When mine do that, I turn them off at the switch for about 20. This usually works.

Well, none of those suggestions worked. The odd thing is in the app if I turn some of them on at the switch they show as on in the app, but they don’t respond to any actions. Also my whole z-wave network seems to be out of service now. I guess my run of good luck has come to an end. Up until now mostly everything has worked pretty reliably. Now none of my rules are doing anything and no devices are responding. Also if I try to do a zwave repair, I get the button but when I tap it, it just goes away. Nothing else ever happens. My hub went down yesterday for about 10 minutes. Seems like that might have been when the trouble really started. I unplugged it for about an hour earlier and it is online now, but nothing works.

It’s sounding more and more like you’re having ZigBee mesh issues most likely caused by 2.4GHz interference.

Have you checked what channel your WiFi is on? Are you surrounded by a lot of WiFi networks?

There are a lot of WiFi networks nearby. My 2.4Ghz WiFi is on channel 1.