My everspring st814 device type

I am very new to adding custom code to my SmartThings. I bought Everspring 814-2 to monitor my wine cellar. I managed to get the V3 code into my device type handler and at first just had battery % showing. Then I published a second version of the same device handler and removed the device and re-added it selecting Everspring 814. I updated the update time to 2 mins and now I am seeing temperature and Humidity. I suspect because I did not change the reporting time from 120 mins everything was fine the first time I installed it, but now I am not getting the battery %. Also, is anything suppose to happen when you click on “Configuration” on the display?

Finally, is there anyway to display Max and Min for temperature or Humidity on this app like is on the main display. BTW, is v3 the latest version?

I want to thank Larry very much for his efforts, I would not be able to use this device at all without his efforts!

Who is ben you are thanking. I wrote this device handler. Anyway. I have similar problems in mine battery only updates once Lee day. Give it time.

I have it working fine now - after some fettling - but how does the notification of the Max or Min temps being reached ?

The scenario is if the max temperature is exceeded then momentarily close a fibaro relay switch - and if the min temperature is hit then momentarily close a different fibaro switch.

I’m going to use CORE to generate the ‘app’ and its being used to open/close some Velux windows based on the temperature in the room.

So basically a thermostat, by any other name…

Thanks
Shaun

use shm custom monitoring to alert you of temps too high or too low… that is what i use… also as a second backup there are other smartapps you can use… The custom monitoring is the only portion of shm i use… I use my version of smartalarm for security.

Temp monitoring and alerting is done in smart apps where you options to alert you and do other activities, ie like close the house water valve etc are more powerfull, not in device handlers.

Both my St814 have been sitting at 50% and 40% respectively since last January.

Well it us not the device type or they wouldnt have gone down at all.

changes to repository to fix bug smarthings has injected into label handling with the latest release.

Since last update of ST, I no longer get humidity or battery displayed. Any thoughts. I see it in the recent activities.

Read the post above :slight_smile: Mine came back when I Updated it.

@Lgkahn thank your for this DH. I have a problem though I think and wanted to know if you knew what was going on. I have ST814: In configure timeout value = 30 set. I would assume that it means that the Temp and Humidity would be sent to smart things every 30 minutes regardless. This is not the case. Sometimes it takes hours for the Temp and Humidity to be reported. Any ideas?

It still will not send if the amounts have not changed over theamounts specified

Thank you. Is the temperature amount that is set in Celcius?

@Lgkahn Thanks for the DTH, nice tweaks over the default DTH. Apologies for waking a dead thread! Anyhow, I recently acquired an ST814-2 and loaded the DTH up from your GitHub and noticed that there were a couple of errors that kept recurring in the log (plus the unit beeping, not sure why) due to:
a) ST Groovy assigning unset preferences to null instead of 0 (zero)
b) ST Groovy treating integers/numbers as strings instead of doing an implicit conversion

I’ve had the same issues myself when writing SmartApps and its annoying to say the least.

Here are the errors I am talking about:

‎1‎:‎31‎:‎31‎ ‎PM: error groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.lang.Integer#plus
Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between:
[class java.lang.Character]
[class java.lang.String]
[class java.lang.Number] @line 283 (zwaveEvent) 
‎1‎:‎31‎:‎31‎ ‎PM: debug SensorMultilevelReport cmd: SensorMultilevelReport(precision: 0, scale: 0, scaledSensorValue: 27, sensorType: 5, sensorValue: [27], size: 1)} 
1‎:‎31‎:‎30‎ ‎PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method multiply() on null object @line 268 (zwaveEvent) 
1‎:‎31‎:‎30‎ ‎PM: debug the temp = 32.1 
1‎:‎31‎:‎30‎ ‎PM: debug startval = 32.1 
‎1‎:‎31‎:‎30‎ ‎PM: debug offset = null 
1‎:‎31‎:‎30‎ ‎PM: debug scaled scaled sensor value = 32.1 scale = 1 
1‎:‎31‎:‎30‎ ‎PM: debug SensorMultilevelReport cmd: SensorMultilevelReport(precision: 1, scale: 1, scaledSensorValue: 32.1, sensorType: 1, sensorValue: [1, 65], size: 2)} 

This prevented the ParseReturn from completing.

To fix it, there are just a few changes I made to my copy:

I’ve had to make these same sort of changes to my own code and its usually always for unrequired settings that don’t have a forced default - like I mentioned, annoying.

Just put zero in for offsets. No errors here

How do you tweak the original DTH? I want Humidity to be displayed in the ST App. I know how to do it just don’t know where to find the original code.

Thanks.

is the ST815 the same as the st814? Do they use the DTH at the top of the post?

I would like to display the temperature as integer with no decimal point

Thanks

have anyone been able to get this working in the new mobile app so it doesnt just show “checking status” on the device tile. If so what are your edits. thanks

@Lgkahn I think I saw in another thread that you got this working on the new app. Would you be willing to upload the new DTH to your github?