My everspring st814 device type

new version that works without timezone user input as I figured out a better way to do time that works with daylight savings etc.

Thanks for making a version of this device handler with configurable temp and humidity offset. I installed your DTH and it seems to function, but if I change the temp offset in the settings the temp that’s shown in the app doesn’t end up changing. Below is the log when I increased the offset to +10 and then back to 0 (with no change in temp each time). Any ideas? Thanks.

Edited: I think I figured it out. The temp did indeed update with the offset, I just needed to wait for the device to send its next temperature reading. Now all three of my ST814s display more accurate temps within the mobile app. Thanks again for writing this device handler!

Can I use the ST814 Up/Down buttons to adjust the temperature setting of my Honeywell 9000 WiFi Smart Thermostat that is connected to SmartThings? Ie does the ST814 report button presses back to ST?

I believe those buttons allow you to set a temp or humidity threshold that if it senses above or below you’ll get an alert. The device itself can beep, not sure if it also sends alerts directly to a z-wave controller. I’m not sure how it could adjust your thermostat. You’d need some other smartapp to adjust your thermostat based on temperature thresholds you set in the smartapp. I think.

I am a new user with a Everspring ST 814. What are the steps to get the code onto my system so I can use it. If you reply I am a total dummy about coding and uploading for this product and need explicit step wise instructions

Do a search for creating a device type handler.
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Using_Custom_Code#Using_a_Custom_Device_Handler

Hey @Lgkahn, thanks so much for the device type. I’m having an issue where one of my devices is reporting low battery (1%) when it doesn’t seem to be low and the other has a battery of 255%. Any idea why this would be happening?

My battery % reporting for this device hasnt worked for a long time. Honestly, I am not sure if it ever did. I replaced my batteries several months ago. One reported 40% while the other reported 60%. Months later this number has not changed.

I haven’t had any issues with battery reporting using this dth for three st814s.

If you have issues. Remove and re-add the device.

I did this about 4 hours ago. No battery % is reporting at all (field is blank) It does show “Battery OK” however but then so did the previous device.

OK now this is weird
 After installing brand new batteries, excluding/including the St814 and waiting several hours until battery % was being reported the value is the exact same as it was before all these changes. 60% fro one device, 40% for the other.

Just purchased a ST814-2 and after a little reading and setup as has been outlined it has worked perfectly. My plan was to put two of these in my two refrigerators and be alerted if the there was a problem when we are gone. I did have a few problems getting all displays working, but I was probably to quick in expecting all the statuses to report. I thought it was broken, but in the end I just waited a couple hours and all the displays started working. So the couple of hours I spend deleting the device and re-adding and taking batteries out and in, didn’t change the final solution which was just to wait 2 hours. Now for the fun stuff. I found a smartapp “Simple Device Viewer” Author: Kevin LaFramboise (krlaframboise) and I was able to setup push notifications when the temperature got out of range. This app does a whole lot more, but it works with ST814-2 and I’m very pleased. Project complete.

1 Like

Do you find that the device’s connection does ok with your refrigerator door closed?

And it’s working well/accurately in the cold temp of your fridge?

Yes, I’ve tested in both refrigerators and it reports as expected.

just use custom settings on shm it supports temp reporting for out of range

Your so right. That’s even better.Thanks for helping.

What device type are you using? I have two of these gauges and neither report battery usage. For at least the past 3 months, one has been sitting at 50% battery while the other at 40% even after replacing each with brand new batteries.

The latest Ben’s version 4 that Larry updated in March 2016.

I am using this with a ST814 and was wondering if there is a way to trend the event history data to show a temperature or humidity trend (graph)?