My custom ct100 device type

If you are using stock app please submit a ticket to support so they look into it.

that makes more sense because there is nothing did that would have broken that functionality… I change changes what control is adjusting the temp and added some colors icons etc

I found the bug the routintes that are calling to set temp are now passing a different set of parameters… not sure what it is for…

ie
5dda75aa-108c-4e8f-9aa5-1ac0fb0d6557 ‎12‎:‎53‎:‎51‎ ‎PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script1444755231106253332196.setHeatingSetpoint() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Double, java.math.BigDecimal, java.lang.Integer) values: [75.0, 75, 30000]
Possible solutions

the first parameters was always degrees. then integer degress then delay.
not sure what it is trying to pass now. with a double and big decimal (which is the issue)

I cannot change it as I am not sure why the interface call changed and what they are trying to pass. this is going to break all thermastats that are out there and I assume is a bug in the routines code probably in the last update

ahh is see the are passing 75.0 75 and 3000 that is ok the 2nd 75 is the integer version… not sure why they are trying to pass it as bigdecimal instead of an int. that is what broke it… it should be fixed on the routine code side. as it is a bug not on on the thermostat side

there was a bug in the code though I found a stray zzz in the code that should have caused a syntax error that did not so re-update your version anyway.

It worked great with the old driver. I’m using phrases build into the app, that changes the temp based on the mode of the house. The data displayed with the new driver is accurate, and manually adjusting it works great however.

Just saw this comment, I’ll update it and let you know how it goes.

it wont work now try it… I just did in a test… it may have used to work but they broke it recently I can write code to work around it but is a waste of time as they should not be passing a parameter as bigdecimal for the integer temp… They need to fix their routines.

FYI I switched to the Better Thermostat with Battery device type and it is working properly with Routines.

what device type is that… that is not the stock device type which I said would not work as well

interesting I just looked at the stock ct100 device type and they made a change since I used it a few days ago… I will retrofit the changes and see if it fixes it for version 3. wish they would say something here rather than quietly make changes with no notification.

This really brings up the issue of change logs, for anyone that has created modified smart apps or device types.

just tested and the changes they made fixed the issue… so version 3 is posted in the first post of the thread.

2 Likes

let me know if anyone sees any other problems

The current temperature is not updating unless I hit refresh. It went a day and a half without updating.

I would check batteries and range. I have this on 4 thermastats and they are all updating fine…also the way it works is that no update is sent if there is no temp change
The routines that update were not touched by me.

Thanks. I’ll change the batteries and keep an eye on it.

Thank you for this. I was using Better Themostat until now. I came to the forum looking to see if anyone else reported it stopped working. Both routines as well as control using the Thermostat Mode Director wasn’t working for me for the last few days. Tried this one, and now both Themostat Mode Director and routines are working.

1 Like

ya that bad is on smartthings… to change to api calls and silently release new device type drivers and not tell anyone… Anyone using stock drivers would be ok as they would update… but not anyone using custom device types… Just another example of no communication…

How do you propose that they notify everyone who might have branched their device type to customize it? As a developer, it’s up to us to check for changes every once in a while and merge them in. Git makes it pretty easy as long as you have your fork of the Smartthings Repo set to track the primary repo.

how about release notes with changes etc… it is not only me that was affected by this and I could care less.but there are are other people complaining in other thermostat threads

Ah, yeah I hear that.

On topic, I just got a CT100 yesterday so I am going to try your device type!