Multiroom airplay through airfoil with smartthings, home kit, android wear, logitech harmony and Alex control - is this integration?

Got it! It was more simple than I thought.

Step 1: In HA Bridge GUI (http://serverIP:port#) goto Add/Edit

Step 2: Name the Device. I named mine “Speaker AppleTV”

Step 3: In the “On Items” area change Type to “HTTP”, in “Target Item” field paste in the url for the speaker you want to use from the usage commands from airfoil-api readme. Mine was 10.168.1.14:8881/speakers/5855CA028A72@AppleTV/connect. Connect means “On”. Then change “Http Verb” to “POST” and click add.

Step 4: In the “Dim Items” area change Type to “HTTP”, in “Target Item” field paste in the url for the speaker you want to use from the usage commands from airfoil-api readme. Mine was 10.168.1.14:8881/speakers/5855CA028A72@AppleTV/volume. Then change “Http Verb” to “POST” add ${intensity.percent} to Http Body and changing Content Type and click add.

Step 5: In the “Off Items” area change Type to “HTTP”, in “Target Item” field paste in the url for the speaker you want to use from the usage commands from airfoil-api readme. Mine was 10.168.1.14:8881/speakers/5855CA028A72@AppleTV/disconnect. Disconnect means “Off”. Then change “Http Verb” to “POST” and click add.

Step 6: Scroll back to top and click “Add Bridge Device”. This will add it to Bridge Devices area.

Step 7: Goto Bridge Devices menu and Test On, Test Dim and Test Off. You will see the changes reflected in your AirFoil App installed on your PC/Mac.

NOTE: If your Speaker name in AirFoil API has a space in it, (ie. Living Room AppleTV) this will not work as the HTTP post cannot handle spaces properly. I had to change the name of my devices to something without a space for it to work.

I had to drop the http:// off my URLs in step 3, 4, 5 for this to post as I am a new user and limited to 2 URLs per post. Strange limitation but oh well.

Ah yes, you have to choose content type text/plain and write in
${intensity.percent} in the http Boo box

This worked really well! Thank you. I’ve been waiting and hoping that Obything would come back, but this seems like a great work around.

I was hoping for obything to come back too, chatted with Brice and expected it before Christmas, I’ve actually nicked a bit of code and added it to the HAM bridge smartapps to allow start/stopping of iTunes and use the Spotify start pause etc with HAM Bridge when I leave or enter the house etc, it’s pretty cool to have presence control over music. I still like the HA Bridge method as I can use all the other stuff (Alexa, android wear etc) but HAM Bridge is the toy of choice at the moment

Actually, by combining HAM Bridge and HABridge I’ve made an iTunes ‘light’ for play and pause of iTunes playlists and library through all the above controllers too

I’ve knocked together another load of stuff for control of iTunes and Spotify via a Modified Virtual Remote in the Smartthings App. It’s got loads of parts to it but that helps with automation and forwarding to Alexa and Logitech Harmony. See the steps at https://github.com/ijaspley/HAM-Bridge-Smartthings-Media-Control

How I install HA-Bridge on my Mac (or Windows)? I see it in Github, but I don’t know what to do with it.

I think I figured it out, but I get this error: ERROR com.bwssystems.HABridge.HABridge - Could not start ha-bridge webservice on port [80] due to: Permission denied

Ok - I got HA-Bridge running.

Now I’m having problems getting the airfoil-api running. I can install but not run.

Hi, try putting sudo before the launch command

Thanks for the feedback. With fresh eyes it looks like it’s throwing an error because the port 8080 is in use, which it is the port I have ha-bridge running on, because port 80 (the default for ha-bridge) is being used by something else and I forced ha-bridge to run on 8080. They are both running now.

Now I need to figure out how to find the url for the speakers.

I can’t get this to work. I had it working on a Mac, but I can’t get it working on a windows machine. I get errors like “cant find python” and “failed at mdns@2.3.4. install script” I have no idea what that means. Any suggestion?

So are we just using the airfoil-api to sniff out the speaker details and the manually enter them in the bridge?

That’s the one

I don’t use Windows but try installing python separately and mdns then remove them from the requirements file, maybe that will work

http://obything.obycode.com/features/

Obything was the first place I looked but it’s not available anymore, been waiting for it to be rereleased

Hi Everyone,
I have been successfully using airfoil and airfoil-api for a couple years now, coupled with Home Assistant. Today, I started the process of navigating away from Home Assistant and setup a SmartThings hub in addition to HA Bridge (following the instructions outlined above by ijaspley and yaggayoyo). Thanks for taking the time to document things so well in this thread…exactly what I needed to get started! I am able to control my airfoil speaker via HA Bridge as directed in Yaggayoyo’s Step 7. However, I am running into an issue adding the speaker as a ‘thing’ in the smartthings app. The Hue Advanced (Connect) smartapp has no issue discovering both the HA Bridge and the speaker (as a Hue Light). 0 Hue Groups are found. When I click ‘save’ I am first given a green message that “Hue Advanced (Connect) is now installed and automating”. However, a few seconds later a red message states"an unexpected error occurred". I checked the smartthings log and get the following:

“error physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ‘Hue Advanced Lux Light’ in namespace ‘claytonjn’ not found. @line 511 (addChild)”

Has anyone else recently run into this issue and found a solution? Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Dave

I know that the IP address of the hub needs to be unique, if you have used it for anything else it could be throwing out when you set it up

Have you added the device handlers from claytonjn? I think you need them too