Multi Input Dry Contact Sesor?

Maybe I’m just not searching for the right thing because I know there has to be a device available, but what I’m looking to do is tie my existing hardwired door switches that are tied into my home security system onto a z wave (or compatible) sensor. In other words, I’d like SmartThings to know the state of my entry doors utilizing my existing wiring.

Those are actually two different questions, because many security sensors have three states, not just on/off, which means you can’t use a typical straight monitoring set up and get the right results. This is the reason why many people go straight to a solution involving Alarmserver rather than just a dry contact.

There are quite a few community members who have had the same situation. I’d suggest you take a look at some of the existing project reports under security. :sunglasses: You can find them in the quick browse lists in the community – created wiki.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section#Quick_Browse_Links_for_Project_Reports.2FQuestions

Well, I built my own device to do the same thing, using an inexpensive Arduino and the ST ThingShield. Take a look…

1 Like