Motion Detection via ip camera using Motion/MotionEye?

Has anyone attempted to use the motion detection in Motion/MotionEye to issue motion detection and clear via web hook or some tool you could program via a command? Currently messing around I have it sending notifications via PushBullet… but integration into Smarthings would be ideal.

From the configuration options in motioneye, you can email/call a web hook/or run a local command on the linux machine… i’m thinking there has to be a way to trigger a motion sensor type alert in smartthings with this.

Anyone have experience writing device types that interact with software applications?

(Robert) #3

I’d love to see this. I’ve got 6 cameras on a MotionEye system ( 3 IP, 3 raspberryPis ). I’d love to tie them into an alarm configuration.

(Max Power) #4

This would be great. I have a Pi2 running motioneye and vlc connected to vlcthing and bigtalker hidden in a mantel clock. It works great and I’d love be able to integrate motioneye with ST.

I have it basically figured out, just I can’t get the sensitivity of my motion detection in motioneye figured out, it would cause false alarms in SHM all the time.

You can use WebCore and the Simulated Motion Sensor DTH.
Now, don’t be confused by the virtual device in the piston labeled IFTTT. That is just the way you get to the REST API for webcore. When you add the command in your piston it will give you the link you have to put into MotionEye.