MonoPrice Z-wave Plus Recessed door/window sensor PID:15268

Hi All,

I am new to Smartthings and have a V2 hub and using the new ST App. I have some Sengled globes and some GE light switches which all connected easily.

I got a bunch of the recessed door sensor’s and they showed up on the App but straight away state they are “Checking Status”. I only tried connecting 2 of them and after the second realized there is something I’m not doing right. I added them selecting z-wave plus door/window sensor.

I was hoping to use them to turn on external lights when the back door is opened etc.

I have searched but don’t seem to be able to find where someone else has had this problem.

Thanks in advance.
B

The only way I got those to work is to pair them within a couple feet of the hub. Once paired I was able to move them to where they were going.

Also I ended up getting rid of mine…loved the idea of having them hidden in the door but about 1 out of every 20 times I opened and closed the door the sensor would “stick” as open. Opening and closing a second time fix it but when you have a custom rule that alerts you when a door is left open that gets old real fast.

What does the ST Classic app say/do for these devices? I bet they work just fine via the Classic app…

1 Like

The second one I paired was sitting right next to the hub.

I’m not sure what the classic app say/do for these as I am using the new app.

I guess I could wipe everything from the new app and start again but surely someone knows how to sort them with the new app.

The new app and classic app can be installed at the same time and access the same devices. There is no need to start anything over.

Thanks for that advice, I installed the classic app.

Surprised all my switches and lights were automatically installed…thats pretty neat.

I was able to get one of the sensors to work, that is the one I set up and it was near the Hub. The other sensor shows that it’s open all the time. I guess I will need to re-install the faulty switch?

I was able to set up a lighting automation for my exterior lights to come on as the door sensor is opened. Essential when you have a new puppy that requires constant toilet trips and one light switch is on the opposite side of the room!

Should I just delete the new ST app?

So I have my lighting automation set to turn off after 8 mins. When I re enter my back door will this reset the 8 min clock or does that override the door opening/closing?

Not sure if I need to start another thread for that or not?

Nah, just don’t use it.

It should reset.

Ok, thanks for that.

I am having the same issue. Old apps works fine, new apps says “checking status”. Why cant this crap just work? Its not complicated.