Mobile presence between locations

(Daniel Consuegra) #1

Hey all! Happy New Year first of all…

I constantly roam between 2 ST locations, which are separated by no more than 300 meters (sorry, not good with miles yet).

One of the locations, home, is a 6th floor apartment in which I use IFTTT and a virtual switch to check in/out of… The other place is the office, a shop at street level next to a cinema I am fortunate to go to regularly, when not working, obviously…

Both locations have a hub. Home has a v2, office a v1.

The thing is, if my last used location in the ST app was home and I go to the office, home sees me leaving, but the office doesn’t see me arrive. If my last location in the app was office, then everything works.

I now use, or would like to use st to start a heater at the office (as a first step) only if I go to work.

If I arrive at the office, and remember to turn the ST app to the office location, sometimes it’ll react, but most it won’t… and I more often than not forget to change the app…

What would you guys do in my situation?

Oh and… what about if I go to the cinema that’s next to the office? I don’t want the heater to turn on then!

(Robin) #2

The webCoRE Presence Sensor app is going to be your best bet… it allows up to 10 locations and webCoRE can link ST instances / hubs.

(Daniel Consuegra) #3

I finally got the time to check this out… I found the way to add the different locations… lol! Next… how do I link them and say… if I leave X location, turn the heat up on Y location?

(Robin) #4

IF
presence sensor’s leaving place IS X
THEN
Do magic stuff

(Daniel Consuegra) #5

Is this it?

(Robin) #6

nope… should look like this:

(Daniel Consuegra) #7

What device is “Robin”?

Guessing it is his mobile phone that was added as a webCore Presence Sensor as part of WebCoRE Presence / Location setup.

(Daniel Consuegra) #9

uh oh… there’s a setup?

There is :slight_smile:

(Robin) #11

Sorry… assumed you were referring to webCoRE presence… you post came immediately after my reference to webCoRE (3 month gap granted lol) and your reference to different locations secured my perception.

The webCoRE presence sensor is awesome… give it a try!!

(Daniel Consuegra) #12

Think I have it… Does this look good?

(Robin) #13

Looks good… take a trip to the pub and you will find out :beers:

FYI… If you use the green snapshot button on the webCoRE dashboard it makes your details anonymous and looks better for sharing.

(Daniel Consuegra) #14

I know… Not that I’m sharing my home address in that snapshot… lol!

(Daniel Consuegra) #15

ugh… didn’t work… For some obscure reason I went from point A (Albedix) to home, a 15 minute car ride, and the thermostat stayed in a mere 13ºC, which is the temp I have it set to when “Away”…

Thoughts? Ideas?

On a side note… I have setup 3 locations… but one of them I want the geofences to be EVEN smaller… but no matter how small I make them, they reset (at least the outer one) to a HUGE radius… for what I need at least… Any way I can make it fit my needs?