Mi|Home / Energie

I have one of these on order https://www.amazon.co.uk/Energenie-MIHO025-Home-Light-Switch/dp/B01EY60ADM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1478257221&sr=8-6&keywords=mihome+switch and it’s coming tonight, so let’s see what can be done.

Based on the API documentation, I think that these and the plug switches make the same API calls so hopefully the MiHome connect app will soon be able to support both in the upcoming weeks.

Ok, so working on an overhaul of the MiHome connect smart app at the moment and it appears only some switches can report a current switch state. Not sure which models can and can’t though. There is an API field “unknown_state” that returns “true” for devices that cannot report their state.

Anyone out there willing to be a guinea pig for the new app? As I have no MiHome plug sockets I am unable to do any real world testing.

1 Like

I have the following MiHome devices

Motion Sensor

Home Adapter

Adapter Plus

Energy Monitor

Home Multiplug

If I can be of any help please contact me.

Hi Alex.

I don’t use SmartThings, but do use MiHome eTRV’s and Energy Monitors. I would like to know if its possible to use the API to retrieve current temperatures of the eTRVS and store the in SQL somehow?

Thanks

I have the eTRV;s and the MIHO005 Adapter Plus. The Adapter Plus is a Tx and Rx so does report it’s state and also it returns energy usage.

I would be very happy to help if I can. I do have some coding skills but limited as far as Groovy’s concerned.

Hope you can get more MiHome devices working.

Just uploaded the new MiHome integration. Please test away and send comments and feedback to the topic below.

I’m hoping to support multi socket devices but need to see some API responses. For those with these devices, within the SmartThings logs, can you paste the parts of the logs from the MiHome (Connect) smart app that start like this…

***DEVICE JSON for Garage - light: [timer3_on_time:null, timer2_friday:null, timer2_off_time:null, startup_

Just updated and all looks good apart from not finding my Adaptor Plus
Had to change line 276 from
else if (device.device_type == ‘ecalm’) {
to
else if (device.device_type == ‘control’) {

then it found the adaptor and added it OK and it seems to be working well.

Thanks for this Alex. Great job

Thanks Kevin. I will update this in the code asap. Also can you let me know whether the power information displays ?

I just came across this article - http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/new-products/energenie-mihome-adds-works-with-alexia-amazon-echo-support-to-nest-ifttt.html

and it says that they already did the work to integrate it with ST but they are waiting for Samsung.

Hoping they do plan to add the features soon as these devices are cheap and also available in a very thin market - UK.

Samsung?

I have the cheapest plugs, and ST does update with its state! :slight_smile:

I used the MI Home app to turn on my socket, launched ST app, and waited.
Sure enough when it polled, its now showing the adapter as on. Awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

When / if this happens I imagine there will be a surge of purchases for these products. There’s a load of sockets and light switches on my shopping list… :slight_smile: