Meross msg100 garage door opener

Just to update my experience with the Meross MSG100 garage door switch, it has continued to work flawlessly since installation on Oct. 14, 2020 and today is Nov. 30, 2020, so my confidence rating is high. The software setup and install was a hassle and definitely not intuitive, in my opinion, but somehow I got everything working eventually after an hour or so of attempts and retries.

Thanks for the update!
I will give it one more chance this weekend :slight_smile:

Ad.

Did you remove the meross integration since late August and perform a fresh install? They released a new integration that fixed the frequent disconnects but it required removing the old version and performing a fresh install of the new one.

One weird inconsistency I have discovered with Meross’ Alexa integration. In the US you can use “open/close” the garage door. In the UK sold version, the command is “unlock/lock” garage door… and open/close doesn’t work (sigh). And of course this is documented nowhere.

I installed my MSG100 late January 2021. No significant setup issues. Other than, I set it up via the Meross app first, then set it up again in SmartThings. I do see a problem that I wonder if anyone else has come across and solved.

The SmartThings app only keeps track of the garage door position if SmartThings operated the door. Thus, I close the door with a car remote, and SmartThings thinks it is still open. The door senor works fine, and the Meross app always knows the status. Seems SmartThings doesn’t get the status feedback. Does anyone have any ideas?

You may want to report this issue to Meross as they own and manage the integration. I have contacted them in the past for other meross products and they have been very responsive and fixed the issues I reported.