Lutron switch with Phillips Hue Bridge

I will be installing Phillips Hue lights with the smart bridge to control several indoor lights. I am also installing the Lutron Aurora switch for a set of kitchen lights to ensure the power stays ‘on’ for the Hue lights.
However, I have several exterior lights (not flood lights) that are somewhat exposed to the elements (they are enclosed but not under a soffit) which may not be optimal for Hue lights.
Can I use a Lutron Caseta switch for these exterior lights and also control them through my Phillips smart bridge? Also, does this switch work with geofencing?
I would like to control everything from one
app.
Thank you!

Welcome!

This forum is for people who are using the Samsung smartthings home automation platform, so all of the questions and answers are assumed to be within that context.

(It’s a very active forum, so it often comes up near the top of general home automation Google searches, but it is not a general forum.)

So the first thing we need to ask you is what model smartthings hub are you using? Different options are available with different models.

Both Hue and Lutron Caseta have official integrations with SmartThings, so you can definitely mix the types of Caseta switches, but you would set up your rules through the Samsung smartthings app, not through the hue bridge.

Alternatively, if you are not using the Samsung smartthings platform, you could combine these either through apple’s HomeKit if you have an iPhone or through Ifttt. Because both companies have integrations with both of those methods. But for discussion of that you would need to find another forum. (It will be very easy with apple’s HomeKit, and doable, but not so easy, with Ifttt.)

Reddit has a good home automation forum which covers all platforms.

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/

1 Like