Lowe's Iris Sensors (New CentraLite models)

I have found a huge amount of stuff that is WiiFi and even some that are Bluettooth. I wish ST would turn on the Bluetooth which would open up a lot of new stuff. The iHome outlet is working with ST so that is a good thing, so another mfg with new products that soon will work.

Does the Iris motion sensor have a hibernation issue?

I installed one to detect entry into a hallway, triggering ST to turn on a light. I have some placement issues but otherwise it works fine.

Then I was away for about 10 weeks. When I returned, the lights wouldn’t go on. I could wave my hand in front of the sensor and see the light blink, but still no joy. I checked the event log for the device and saw nothing being entered there.

Thinking it might be a battery issue (although, as I said, the light would blink) I took it down, popped the battery out, and put the same battery back in, to see if I could at least get a reading on the battery level.

Voila! (And BTW, it drives me crazy when people write Walla! or Viola!) It now works fine. So now I’m wondering if it sort of went into “hibernation” and needed a smack upside the head (popping the battery) to wake it up. And if so, is there a way to prevent this?

sounds like it simply dropped off of the network. not sure why that might have happened. I have a motion sensor that isn’t triggered for weeks and hasn’t ever dropped off the network.

Agreed, this just sounds like it dropped off the network. I have three in service at the moment. One is frequently dropping. Could be a placement issue in my case.

I paired an iris sensor to use with my ecobee. It is in the coldest room in the house but is reporting 78 degrees (it’s more like 68). What could be causing this?

You can calibrate the sensor (in the device handler there is on offset)

It also takes a bit to drop down, if it is still wrong after about an hour you can try the offset. 10 degrees is a lot.

I added it without adding the DHT in this thread. I thought it wasn’t needed anymore. Is that not the case?

It is not needed anymore. The default device handler has an offset setting if you click the gear icon.

Usually the Iris temp sensors are pretty spot on, there are a few threads here about it. You can do some simple testing to see if it is working right, like putting inside the fridge.

Thanks. The room it is in is really cold and I’m using the sensor with ecobee to adjust. The problem is it was running the heater at 75-76 to compensate, so the rest of the house was too warm.

So can someone help me out here.

I just purchased 3 of the Iris 2nd Gen Contact Sensors (3320-L).

But I can NOT get them to pair. I have tried:

• Resetting them by pushing the button and reinserting the battery.
  • Leaving the battery out for several hours and reset it again
  • To pair it using the official Samsung SmartSense Open/Close Multi Purpose sensor
  • Adding the custom device type made by mitchpond.

No matter what I do NONE of the 3 sensors show up at all in SmartThings.

Any tips on what I should try next?

I got two over the weekend. One came up and paired as soon as I pulled the battery blocker. The other was rather difficult. I finally got it to pair by putting the hub into General Device Exclusion mode, and pressing the button on the sensor. Then I reinserted the battery with the button pressed to do the factory reset, and then reinserted the battery and got the purple pairing light and after a few moments, it paired with the hub.

I supposed it’s possible that the sensor had been previously paired and returned, although one would think a factory reset (which I had tried at first) would have wipe those bits. Who knows… but it’s working. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the idea.

The General exclusion mode is for z-wave devices. The iris sensor is zigbee. So that won’t do anything.

I think you just had bad luck the 1st time you tried to pair that other sensor.

I tried the exclusion mode just on the off chance it triggered a software glitch that could fix my problem. But it didn’t.

I am beginning to wonder if I just have a bad smartthings hub.

Figured it out. I just had to leave my SmartThings hub unplugged for a few hours.

Curious about the SmartSense Open/Closed Sensor handler that gets pulled in for the Iris Contact Sensor. Seems to me there’s no actual logic to process the tempOffset in the preferences. Not real familiar with zigbee (all the stuff I’ve done is zwave) so I guess I don’t know what I don’t know. But looks to me like something’s missing.

Any thoughts from anyone?

That’s odd. I’m using the stock handler and the temp offset is there.

It’s in the preferences…but I don’t see how it does anything. There’s no code to actually do anything with it.

Sorry, I misread your post.

I can’t answer that but I do know putting something in there does update the sensor.

It’s in there… The dth sight is different from the zwave.

I don’t understand what you are saying. This is a zigbee device as far as I know and that’s what the handler I linked to is. I am thinking the one in the public repository is not actually the same as the one smartthings provides.

this is the part of the DTH that takes into account for the temp offset