Lowe's Iris Sensors (New CentraLite models)

You need to pair them first to the custom DTH and then switch to SmartSense iin ide…

UPDATE: Oh, I see that at one point it was pairing with stock device, maybe they changed it again. You may need to go back at using the custom DTH at first…

How do I force it to use a custom DH? Is there a way to add a device and select your DH?

if you install the custom dth, when you put your hub in discovery, it should automatically pick it up…

I’ve been having problems with connecting the Iris sensors and the SmartSense motion sensors in the last few days (similar to what you are describing here) and already had a ticket open (for another unrelated problem). When I mentioned the problem you are describing I was informed that there are others having similar problems and that they were working on a solution.

It might be worth opening a ticket so they are aware that you are having issues.

Thanks! I will reach out today.

So at the suggestion of support (and @SBDOBRESCU :slight_smile: ) I just added it and let it be recognized as a thing and went into IDE and change the DH to SmartSense and VOILA!

I will say…I love the community…anyone want to volunteer to perform my v2 migration? :wink:

Sure, verbally, I can do it 3 times a day, physically, not even if you pay me lol. I did it onces, and I’d like it to stay that way. But good luck to you. Glad you got your device working, though.

1 Like

Where in this DH code is where you set the temperature accuracy? Right now its set to a thousandths of a degree.

Im guessing the refresh rate is set to 200 seconds due to:

Rick, thanks. All was good with my contact sensors but one night my daughter said hers was lighting up like a disco and I know for sure it had not. I ended up just removing the battery and putting it back in and all was good. I suspect she was messing with it and didn’t want to admit it.

Update - I have tried to pair 3 more letting it get recognized as a thing and then go in and change the DH and still having issues with it recoginizing status of open and closed. Just stays in the open state. I am happy I got these for 11 bucks but right about now I am wishing I had spent 35 so I could be done with this!

I am assuming since I only saw one other person respond they were having trouble that either it’s me or noone has tried recently to add these. :frowning:

You’re just minutes away from making it work! Reset your device and then go into the app and run discovery. If you look at the logs while you do it, it should tell you that rejoin was completed and would show you the zigbee fingerprint. It must rejoin as a contact sensor, if it doesn’t, you need to install the custom DTH, then reset, rejoin, change to stock DTH.

Do I delete the device that has been created in IDE first or leave it?

no…just reset the devicenitself. see my updated post above

Okay…trying now.

One more clarification…factory reset by pulling the battery and holding the black button down?

Yeah, what ever the procedure is to make it forget the network.

It was never recognized…moving on to another sensor since I have 4 of them to play with.

What do you mean? It didn’t find it when you ran the discovery? If that’s the case, it means you didn’t fully reset it. Try another, but you may need to research how to properly do a factory reset…

The reset steps are remove battery for 10-30 seconds, press the black reset button while inserting the battery and release after 2 seconds. That’s what I did and while running discovery it was never discovered.

I was running the smart sense discovery because the generic connect a thing never finds them.

Am I doing something wrong?

Running to a meeting and will be back in around an hour.

Thanks for all the help and I will be back in touch when I return!