Lowe's Iris Sensors (New CentraLite models)

You don’t get a notification that it found anything in the app. Run the connect a thing and look in ide. I think you’re better off just to install the custom DTH now, rest all your sensors. Go to mobile app and run the general discovery, not the smart sense. Watch the ide (or don’t) just visually test if open/close work. Then go in ide and change to stock and you’re done

what color did the sensor turn to when you reset it? it should flash only blue upon reset and then switch over to green once paired. did you look at the logs while it was pairing?

I have a strong suspicion that they “cleand up” the code. So you probably need to go back to the first post (well second)

When I reset it turned blue then green and then never paired.

Is there already a device entry for it in the IDE? If there is, it’s going to silently pair using whatever DH you have it set to and you will never see an indication of this in the app. There should be no reason to use the custom handler at this point.

If it pairs as a Thing, changing it to a SmartSense Open/Close, then reset/re-pair should get everything configured properly. If not, you may either have a dodgy unit or you may need to contact support. They should offer help since this device is supported by their DH and is essentially the exact same device.

Go ahead open up the live logging, same place you installed the device handler. While the logs are open reset the device, then go in the smartthings app and connect new thing. You should see it show up in the logs.

Definitely double check that you removed the correct device handler as well, its possible it is still there. When I had a similar issue all I had to do was remove the device handler and reset/pair and it was working properly.

What’s odd is I did this yesterday and it worked…I find it hard to believe I have 4 bad units.

The device handler from Mitch is definitely gone.

Here is the step-by-step I am following:

Resetting device by removing the battery for 30 seconds, pressing the reset button, inserting the battery while the button is still pressed and then attempting pairing.

Pairing steps are: Select the smart sense open and close sensor and put into discovery mode. I eventually see a notice that say a device was identified but it wasn’t the right type. This is when I see a thing in my device list. I go into the thing and change the device handler to the smart sense open/closed sensor and update.

Then it updates in the app but never changes it’s state from open to closed but the temp and battery status updates.

One last reset/re-pair after this step (without deleting the device) should do it. It won’t acknowledge that anything has been done (unless you’re watching live logging), but it will resend the configuration commands.

I have one more new-in-box at home. I’ll have to see if it gives me any trouble tonight.

I’m experiencing the same thing… I think what Mitch is suggesting is for the next step:

Reset the device (i.e. remove the battery for 30 seconds and re-insert while pressing the button) but do this without removing the device. Then enter discovery mode…

I’ll be doing the same tonight when I get home with some motion sensors (an Iris and a SmartSense Motion) that have been giving me problems.

I am trying that now…on that step and it is not being recognized on the re-pair.

Plus with the amount of devices the logs are VERY chatty!

I don’t think anything will change or show up in the app.

The Hub will just resend configuration details to the device… I think you have to have live logging open in the IDE to see what is being sent to the device when re-pairing…

Friends…I give up for today…so frustrated! :disappointed:

I will wait to see what Mitch and Scott experience tonight and try again tomorrow.

Thanks everyone. :slight_smile:

It will be, but the app does not indicate this in any way.

I didn’t have any luck getting it to recognize the states of the device correctly this evening and I am also still having issues with a smartsense motion sensor that even support couldn’t get to work properly.

I did manage to get a smartsense motion sensor to connect and start to report motion state successfully this evening but the support tech had to do a lot stuff in the back end to get it to start functioning.

So I have followed all the steps suggested, both are initially recognized as Iris Contact sensors with the SmartSense DH so I am not having to change it but upon the second reset they are sent the enroll request and up to now ~5 minutes they are still not updating their state when the magnet is placed near it to indicate closure.

Anyone have any more luck than me?

I had an iris contact new in box that I just gave a shot adding.

Paired immediately, recognized as Iris Contact Sensor. in the IDE the Device handler is “SmartSense Open/Closed Sensor”

Get the green flash when moving magnet next to it and ST reports it immediately. Pulled battery to see if it will stop working, it still worked.

So I am getting better luck than you. :hushed:

Just spent an hour on chat…turns out when this happens you have to reach out to them because they need to change the endpoint and then you can create a dh from the templates for the specific device and then spam the configure command. Too bad I can’t fix it myself but FINALLY they are working.

@desertblade - You suck! :stuck_out_tongue: