Lowe's Iris Sensors (New CentraLite models)

Lowes can be a real problem with this. When I return an item I normally tell them it doesn’t work right our something is wrong with it, that way it gets sent back or put on clearance for the next guy.

But then again, I went into my local Lowes last night and they had one of the GE dimmers in the blister pack on the clearance rack… It was an open pack and it was marked down to $39.95…which I’m pretty sure was a mark up from the original $34.95.

1 Like

I tried adding the device after creating a device handler, but it requires me to input a network device ID. Am I doing something wrong? If not, what ID do I input?

you shouldn’t create a device in IDE, you need to go through the standard pairing procedure though the SmartThings app (+Connect New Device). After you add this Device Handler in IDE it will automatically assign it when you pair it with SmartThings.

@marktheknife, I just received my shipment today. It was actually fulfilled by a local store so it was deliverred much sooner than I expected. All 4 were new, with a factory seal.

1 Like

Just ordered 11 sensors from Lowe’s of Upper Manhattan, 10023. Same price: $13.98 each minus $20 off!! Thanks for the information!

1 Like

Just make sure each one is new and not a returned item that was put back on the shelf!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I received my (6) sensors and all are sealed. I opened a few that had the clear circle tape peeling off the top of the box and the battery tabs are all there. Mine were also shipped from a store right down the street in California instead of New York. $20 off also? That makes them almost free :wink:

On another note. My smartthings routines and motion sensor recipe to turn my lights on in my room have not worked for 2-3 days now… SIGH!

~Zim

I ordered 8 of the sensors, mine shipped from Wilkesboro, NC. All sealed and had the battery tabs on them. I also used a $20 off coupon :smiley:

Anyone experience any of their motion sensors taking forever to issue an inactive command? I just purchased a new one and on motion it activates immediately but then takes 3 full min to show up in the app and IDE as inactive. I am testing it by putting it in a drawer and opening it which triggers the active and then closing the drawer and it takes 3 min before it shows up as inactive. My other ones I bought few months ago work great, but this one is awful in the delay.

1 Like

I’m not sure, but I just installed one for somebody, and I don’t recall it taking that long to register no motion once again after getting triggered. I do think about that kind of thing though (cause I’ve had really bad ones of other brands). So, it seems like I would have noticed.

I will have them check on it, and will report back here…so you’ll at least have one more data point to compare with…

So I’m a Newbie, so pardon if this is too basic.

I just purchased an Iris Motion sensor, and when I pair it to the ST Hub, it shows the device as “Unknown”. I don’t see anywhere to search for Iris sensors in the app.

What am I doing wrong? How do I designate this as a motion sensor?

I don’t get any activity showing on the app for the sensor?

Thanks,

Dave

Hopefully it’s the gen2 model that came in a purple box. You will have to log into the ide and change the device type. I’m using the smartsense motion temp device type with mine

There are lots of instructions on doing that I don’t have on hand (on cell atm) check out the thingsthataresmart wiki page for an in depth guide.

I figured this out, but for those newbies, here is the thing you have to do . . .

You have to go to the IDE web site. I googled it to find it, but go to:

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/login/auth

Log in to your smartthings account, and then create a new device handler. There is code already created you can copy and paste into your account, to create a new device handler. From that, you then add the motion sensor like any other device, and it works perfectly.

I hope this helps a fellow newbie to this ST Stuff.

Dave

1 Like

You can just change the device type for the thing to st motion temp. It will execute locally then(if on hub v2)

finally picked up one of these motion sensors, I like the size! I agree with others that mentioned in this threat that the led light is annoying. I re skimmed the thread but don’t see where anyone was able to stop it without painting over it?

Anyone?

Two coats of nail polish worked like a charm. They’re easy enough to pop open. I suppose you could slap a piece of tape over the LED if liquids that harden aren’t your bag.

I noticed they only blinked like that when they were in the closed position when I inserted the battery.
Inserting the battery in the open position made them respond normal for me.

Sorry I was referring to the motion sensor

Ah ok. Well that is very good to know. Thank you.
I have 12 open/close sensors and I would have purchased the motion sensor too. Now I know to say away from the motion sensors.

Just replaced 3 Linear / monoprice motion sensors with the new Iris sensors. Haven’t found a faster responding one other than the Enerwave ceiling mount sensor. Love them