Lowe's Iris Sensors (New CentraLite models)

Check out this thread for a devicetype and smartapp that works on the CentraLite zigbee keypad, with some luck it might just work for the lowes one.

2 Likes

I bought the keypad on Sunday just in case,. Can’t wait for it to work. I’ve got plans!

Did they have the new smart button?

I stopped by a Lowes on the way home from work just now, and there were two employees gutting the shelves of all the old stuff and getting ready for stocking up on the new stuff from Iris.

I wanted another motion sensor, and the button, but those weren’t on the shelf yet. They had the new hubs, camera, keypads, water valves, and contact sensors on the shelves. I didn’t ask about the motion sensors, plus I needed to head out. I hope to see the motion sensors and button tomorrow, at least I hope so.

1 Like

What are uses for the keypad?

Set the mode for smart home monitor would be a cool one :smile:

Ok. I installed the device type and smart app. The keypad will connect to ST but it does not ID. It only finds a thing. Going in and changing the device type to this doesn’t do anything for it. The app doesn’t do much for it either.

I’m bummed… but since they came out today I’m sure that someone will have something soon… just wish I could do the programming thing…

Many Thanks to @Mike_Maxwell!

I could not find the new Lowes Iris Centralite Motion Detectors or Contact Sensors in any of my local Lowes. He was kind enough to ship me a set of each that he picked up from his local Lowes. Received this weekend!

Not installed yet , but I am sure they will work well.

SmartThings certainly does have an awesome community!

4 Likes

The keypad being sighted is great news. Maybe I’ll have to go to Lowes at lunch and see if they’re here yet. :slight_smile:

I like the look of the xfinity keypad better. Only for sale on eBay worries me (about later support). I’m having second thoughts on the Iris keypad. Went from no options to two… FWP I know.

The xfinity keypad is a SMC and requires installation code to get it installed

[quote=“jerzydiver, post:272, topic:24367, full:true”]
The xfinity keypad is a SMC and requires installation code to get it installed
[/quote] They offered both an SMC and a CentraLite keypad. The CentraLite does not require an installation code.

1 Like

is it possible to set the sensitivity of the motion sensor? right now it detects me tossing and turning in bed!

I just stopped by Lowe’s. It looked like they were in the middle of putting the new sensors out on the shelves. There were some boxes of the motion sensors as well as the new keypads sitting around on the floor. I had to ask about the new contact sensors. They had 4 of them at the store and were able to bring them down for me. I can’t wait to get home later and set them up!

Still can’t find anything in St. Louis.

On vacation in Tennessee. Anyone find them out here?

So I did the steps outlined above and got the sensor to register. The caveat is its only providing battery and temp. On the app, it shows “no motion”.

Heres the live log info:
a89c690d-dfd7-4c18-8dfb-7d7995de40e3 8:43:43 PM: debug Parse returned [name:motion, value:inactive, descriptionText:Entry Door motion has stopped]
a89c690d-dfd7-4c18-8dfb-7d7995de40e3 8:43:43 PM: debug motion
a89c690d-dfd7-4c18-8dfb-7d7995de40e3 8:43:43 PM: debug no motion with tamper alarm
a89c690d-dfd7-4c18-8dfb-7d7995de40e3 8:43:43 PM: debug description: zone status 0x0024 – extended status 0x00
a89c690d-dfd7-4c18-8dfb-7d7995de40e3 8:43:37 PM: debug Parse returned [:]
a89c690d-dfd7-4c18-8dfb-7d7995de40e3 8:43:37 PM: debug description: zone status 0x0025 – extended status 0x00

Can anyone assist?

exclude and try again. after excluding, if you remove the battery and hold the button on the side while inserting the battery will reset the sensor to factory…

u followed the instructions by lonestarbuzz

Yes, I followed them. I initially had to reset the contact sensor before it would connect. is there anything from github that I need to add to get this to work?

Im new to all this and this is the first sensor I bought for the hub that arrived today.

Before I reset the sensor again, let me know if theres anything from github that I need to add anywhere.

FYI, I installed 3 Iris contact sensors and 1 Iris motion sensor last night. All is well after using the instructions below from an earlier post.
"They were pretty easy to pair.
Go to Connect new device in the app
Open the bottom of the sensor and pull the tab from the battery
Let the app spin for a while
Force close app (this is a bug, as stated earlier in this thread I believe
Open app again and you will see a “non-configured” device
Click on the unconfigured device and edit the name and location
Click on the new device in the list and click "edit device"
Change “Type” to "SmartSense Motion/Temp Sensor"
Save and enjoy.
Everything will be updated in the app. It will show “Motion”, temp, battery in the thing screen in the app.

Sorry if this is super basic, seen a few questions. I didn’t feel like hacking together profiles to make this happen and figured a few others, like me, will pick up a few cheaper sensors. I know there are some decent ones out there, but these are nice because I can have them same day and they aren’t big at all. Everything seems to be working swimmingly."