Loss of State affecting some users / some SmartApps (was Death knell for RM today?)

Please shoot a note to support and DM the ticket number. We are flagging these types of failures for engineering to evaluate individually (I am trying to catch them before they hit the front line agents).

I think my problem was with the Weather Underground service - it times out once in a while. I also see large delays sending commands to Hue Bridge-connected devices. 2-3 seconds per command. Still looking into it, not sure they are pure “time schedule failures”

1 Like

I also experience a problem with Weather Underground so in order to eliminate that variable I created a piston where all it does is turns a switch on every 5 minutes and off 3 minutes later. A very simple task and yet I am unable to keep it running for more than a few hours. Last week the same piston would run for a day. Whatever it is, its in the platform and its going down hill.

Can you please update to latest CoRE - fixed some problems with the recovery mechanism - it should kick it started once in a while, at least it resumes at some point…

I contacted support with a brief outlay of what has been going on.

I will do that. At this point I had disabled the recovery option in the main CoRE app. I am assuming I should turn this back on?

The “fast recovery” is always-on. The two stage recovery is optional. Try it either way. I explained what the “fast recovery” does in an earlier post.

Yeah, watching the logs a bit, I see today that the longer running apps are getting killed. Initialstate, Nest Manager, and Weather are all having occasional failures.

The real issue here is recovery after a failure. The platform is sometimes unable to recover after a timed event is not run. CoRE is the shining star in this regard, some other apps recover well (Nest Manager, Initialstate), but the stock apps seem to be the worst at this (SHM, Routines).

1 Like

Revive…

Since Wednesday 2 Nov 2016 -I

• have discovered at least 5 of my core pistons losing state information.
  • multiple smart lighting app failures
  • slow to no response from zigbee triggered devices

At least two other community members reporting the same thing this morning. :disappointed_relieved:

@aaron @slagle

1 Like

8 Likes

Please email support with the account information, name of the failed/missing SmartApps, and when you noticed this occur. If you DM the ticket numbers, I’ll flag them for investigation.

Addendum: I am not seeing/hearing of trending reports on this. We will look into the reports right away

2 Likes