Looking for an app to change bulb color between red and green every few seconds

Does anyone if an app exists out there that I can use to alternate a color bulb from red to green every few seconds or so ? I can’t for the life of me find one that actually works.

1 Like

Brand and model of the bulb? The options vary somewhat from manufacturer to manufacturer.

And just in case you haven’t encountered discussion of core previously:

1 Like

Thank you. In my piston configuration… I can’t get the current piston to show up in the list of available pistons to run (at the end). I thought maybe because I havent’ saved it and given it a name yet, but after I saved it and went back to edit the rules, it still doesnt show up as option. I only get one other piston in the list (which I use for motion events). Any ideas what I’m doing wrong ?

Did it with “Follow up with piston xxx” and it seems to work. But now, after leaving run overnight, it locked up the lights (Sylvania Lightify GardenSpot RGB lights) and some of my other zigbee lights were stuck on, in the morning. I think it “crashed” the zigbee network with so many requests. Lol Time to slow down the flashing and color changing I guess. I had it alternate every 3 seconds, which I didn’t think was TOO bad.

Took a couple times to get it working, but really like this piston. I can see a lot of different uses for this, just changing the colors based on time of year.

1 Like

Hey, do you mind sharing the section of code used for ‘wait 3 seconds’ and your red() and green() methods. I’m trying to implement this with the schedule API that SmartApp has.

Here you go. Mine does every 15 minutes and is set to turn on/off with my outside holiday lights.

Can this be done with a random color pattern and temp?

I must be missing something with this core function. I setup the latching piston but it never executes any actions… it says the condition is true (powered on) but it never changes the color. Only thing I can think is that when I go to My Smartapps in the API it shows that the Core app is not set to a location. does it need to be set to my home hub and if so how do i do that, I can’t seem to find that setting anywhere.

Just a thought here, did you create a virtual switch to use to activate the piston? If not, make a simulated switch and use that to actuate the piston (first screenshot where it says (ZZZZ vs spare 1”) and you should be good.

I was able to get this to work with webcore thanks for the advice i didn’t realize there was something better out there. Time to start experimenting!

This is cool.

Is it possible to have it fade in and out of the color. Like a true color mixer? Rather than just switch from one color to the next?

This one doesn’t work. Says pending.