LiFX new SDK

Updated the code… put it back to lifx.com

thanks for your effort on this. I’m keen to get groups in… right now all my lights that are in a group turn on and off individually… which is fine but i’m guessing groups does it all at once when using it via smartthings.

I’m also guessing I cannot delete the existing devices (bulbs) as i use them in my lights and switches etc so i’d have to update all my rules - not the end of the world and it will be neater. i ask as if i add groups then it’s a bit of a duplicate of devices.

Groups work. But for some reason when using them In a light rule (motion ) they are turning red. Wife wasn’t happy haha. I turned it back to bulbs instead of groups on the light switch rules and they no longer turn red.

@zzarbi i assume your grouped lifx lights don’t turn red when switching them via the group device?

@joel_eggenhuize The group device has the same functionality than the bulb device

weird as my bulbs turn red when turning them on and off via the group but not via the bulb.

@joel_eggenhuize oh yeah! When setting colors on a group the bulb turn on automatically… But the bulb it self doesn’t because I didn’t set it up that way.

but i’m only toggling the group on off as a single “thing”. and it is turning red. I’m not setting it red via the color wheel.

@zzarbi is there any way that the app can read when the light is unreachable? I know that when status is 200 is “ok”, and when status is 408 is “unreachable”, but i have no idea how to code it i have almost zero experience in programing, sorry if my question is too basic.

Regards

anyone else using zzabrbi’s group device type with lifx ? does it turn the lights red (even if you are only just turning them on and off and haven’t touched the colour? mine turn red if I turn on via the group “thing” but they don’t do this if i turn them on indivdually as bulbs.

Odd, i’m not having that problem… i just checked.

thanks. I thought it was weird too. maybe i’ll reinstall the app and see if that helps.

So i reinstalled it all - works fine for a while but every now and again my lounge or bathroom lights will turn on in the group then change to all red. very odd. I use auto dimmer on my bulb devices but didn’t enable it for my groups (Originally I thought it was cause it was auto dimming it). also i have the lifx group set to a scene so they are all different. no idea why it’s doing this.

the lights turn red when you have set the dimmer to a % on the light switch app. if there is no dimming - it doesn’t happen.

Also happens whenever an app dims the groups - i.e auto dimmer. so something seems to be wrong with the diming on groups by the looks of it - but i could be wrong.

No problem here so far

That’s is odd… I’ll have to check but i’m out of the country for a few weeks.

just got the groups working, when i use the dimmer lights go red so i can confirm this is an issue.
Would be good to have a ‘reset to while’ button as trying to find the centre of the color wheel can be rather difficult

1 Like

i moved all mine back to bulbs where I use dimmer. For some reason my bathroom went red this morning! My wife wasn’t happy hehe

Official support is in place for LIFX bulbs.

thanks. needs to support groups which I know is in the works. Hopefully it is not far off…