Hey fellow ST Victims! I haven’t been very active with LANNouncer because, well, it’s working wonderfully for me while ST has been a PITA. It’s hard to commit to a platform with such inconsistencies. But…
I’m nearing a new release of LANNouncer. As before, it’s still free. A few “premium” extensions - i.e. more audio files or faster IFTTT turn-arounds - that I still don’t actually let you pay for, but I may fix that. And…
- Auto-pruning of the local photos and Dropbox photos if you, as I do, use LANNouncer to watch your door and put up images of whomever comes through it.
- Better Attributes - actually telling ST what’s going on
- A siren and strobe that, when called via the ALARM Capability, will keep going until you Stop it. (Got several requests for that.)
- Better logging so you can figure out what’s not working
- Better manual, so you have some clue how to configure it.
Some of these took a lot more effort than you’d expect. But wait! As Ronco would say, “That’s not all!”
Well, maybe it is all right now, but catch me while I’m actually in the state I live in (Washington. Let’s not hear the chorus of “denial” or “insanity” please, despite the work on SmartThings!), you too can have, for a low low price of just asking, some simple features.
What do you want LANNouncer to do, related to what it does do, that it doesn’t?
For example, you might say:
- LANNouncer runs on an Android device, so I’d like it to take a video of someone entering. (It does this already, BTW.)
- Can I have it look up the weather using Android? (Probably, but I think Big Talker can do that anynow)
- Can it fire an IFTTT or Tasker task? (Now that is interesting! I’m pleased you thought of it!)
What do you want, that the ST world does’t give you but an Android device might be able to?