La dee frickin da: iPad as HomeKit Hub

No worries. There’s no shame in being cheap. I’ve been using Android for years until I realized that it actually costs more if you count total ownership cost. My Google Nexus 7 tablet has become a useless paperweight after upgrade to Lollipop in less than two years. Most Android phones I had were not even upgradable. Same crap with Microsoft. Every new Windows version is 100% guaranteed to break something, forcing me to buy new scanner, new printer, new camera, whatever.

Companies like Google and Microsoft don’t stand behind their products because they don’t make their own hardware. Apple does. Yes, you pay more for Apple gear, but it lasts longer. I can be sure that my iPnone or MacBook will last at least 5 years and will run the latest version of iOS. In the end it will be cheaper than Android phone that I’d either have to replace every two years or live with hopelessly outdated software. I don’t care who invented what and when. All I care about is a reliable and well designed product that will last for years and won’t lose its value. :sunglasses:

Different things work for different people. :sunglasses:

For example, the accessibility features in iOS are much better than those in android. And the android ones are not consistently deployed. Most of the people I know who are blind or quadriplegic use Apple devices simply because they solve the use cases better.

Here’s how a person without functional arms uses a touchscreen. (This is a Wall Street journal article from October 2014.) You’ll see most people are all IOS, and the one person who has a Samsung phone mentions that many android apps are unusable for her–she has an iPad as her tablet.

" http://www.wsj.com/video/tecla-shield-reconnects-injured-to-mobile-devices/EC8FDFA1-6D4D-48C6-A808-3812C412C04E.html12 "

Anyway, it would take a killer app for me to try android since I already know a lot of stuff will be inaccessible to me. My choice has nothing to do with fashion or foolishness. It’s strictly based on available features. Choice is good. :sunglasses: