KeyWe smart lock open/close status

Currently my smart things app exposes whether the KeyWe lock status is locked versus unlocked. However it didn’t expose whether the door is opened vs closed. However according to the Z waves documentation, the lock does expose that information. I’m wondering how can I can get to this and listened to the event?

If you are using the stock SmartThings device handler, you will only get the lock/unlocked status. There is a paid custom device handler you should investigate. I believe it shows the open/closed status for keywe locks. You can verify with the developer @RBoy

[RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Lock Device Handler: Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro, Samsung, Locstar, Delaney, KeyWe, Philia Locks and Popp Z-Wave Keypad with Alarm Control, Notification, RFID, Door Sensor

1 Like

Yes the device handler does support open / Close reporting for supported locks including KeyWe locks which have the hardware built into. If your manual states that it reports the information over zwave the DTH above will capture and report it to ST.

Thank you RBoy, for some reason my keywe isn’t currently Responding to my hub. I think I was overly adventurous in modifying a device handle. Is this any restriction on having a SmartThings doorlock having more than a lock/unlock E.g. open/Unlocked/close/locked. I can see some Applications falling over if they see an unexpected status. However, I don’t know what the Smart things standard says or is it more advisable to create one device handler that has echoes the locked/unlocked status and another device handler Which echoes the open versus close status. Can you device handlers bind to the same physical device and listened to its events?