Is Z Wave plus worth the extra money?

Just to add in my 2 cents, my house is predominately Z-Wave (not Plus although I now have a handful of those) and I don’t really have any issues in my house (2500sqft 2 story), at one point I did have some signal issues but it was quickly solved once I installed another switch nearby.

I have some Aeon RGB bulbs which are Z-Wave Plus but they’re all on my outer perimeter so not much (if at all) benefit from the Plus aspect of things. That being said, I’ve added about 20 extra Z-Wave devices recently and never once done a Z-Wave repair.

I have one Aeon Z-Wave bulb that’s not so happy right now but I have a feeling it’s a signal issue still anyway, I have about another 20 or so more switches to install so I’m hoping that might help, but given @JDRoberts 's note about a maximum of four hops, I’m wondering if I should stagger some Z-Wave Plus devices around the house in a backbone fashion as mentioned.

Are there any cheap plug in Z-Wave Plus devices? Bonus points for supporting beaming! EDIT: Derp. Read JD’s link here for a nice list!

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Repeaters

1 Like

The Dragon Tech PA/PD100 looks like just the ticket at ~$27/each! Just a note @JDRoberts the manual for the PD100 says it does support LED/CFLs for dimming unless you have some additional info/testing?

I have some GE 12718’s but they aren’t nearly as cheap as the Dragon Tech PD100’s and don’t have any Z-Wave Plus… the PD100’s are just the ticket and I needed some more plug in dimmers anyway.

1 Like

Thanks, you can just update the wiki article if it’s wrong. That’s what’s good about wikis. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Once I remembered my password, I updated it!

1 Like

I would not consider $39 to be cheap but the GE 14291 has ZWave Plus with Beaming.

1 Like