Is Philips Hue the neglected one and TCP the favored one

Im not having any luck with the code :frowning: But Ill keep trying!
Thanks!

Donā€™t trust me thoughā€¦ I have nothing to back it upā€¦ And may be a pure coincidence and I feel stupid even to suggest that in front of all the gurus and veterans in the threadā€¦ Just repeating what I did and not sure how it workedā€¦ Just if it helpsā€¦

Lasted time it started to work for me i got furstrated and went for a drive and came back home and it workedā€¦ This time I wasnt so luckyā€¦ lol

Give it some time! Just leave it in discovery mode and get a few drinksā€¦ :wink:

Now after about 3 minutes of waiting the app throws and error and says it cant load the current pageā€¦ I guess Im having more problemsā€¦

In your IDE log, when you ran the code did you get anything back? Did the lanhandler execute at all? There is some debug message in there if it actually entered the handlerā€¦

Yeah I see it sending the command and repyingā€¦ But when I open the hue connect app I keep getting

UNVERIFIED BRIDGES!: 

[uuid:XXXXXX0-da50-11e1-9b23-001788130044:[port:0050,
ssdpUSN:uuid:XXXXX-da50-11e1-9b23-001788130044, name:Philips hue
(null), devicetype:04, mac:00XXXXXXXXXX,
hub:XXXXXXXf-3a0b-4e65-b64f-7ea725d386cf, ssdpPath:/description.xml,
ssdpTerm:urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:basic:1, ip:0A0A0AFD]]

Exactly what I was seeingā€¦ 0050 means your port 80. 0A0Aā€¦ Is your ip in hexā€¦so, I bet that ST servers are somehow aware of your hubā€¦ Only stupid thing I can suggest is wait it out, try adding a bulb from miles apartā€¦ Like I didā€¦No explanation. :frowning: couldnā€™t dig more as I have to hold on to current job. Wish I worked for ST and could debug full time and for once be a target of all the colorful wordsā€¦ :frowning: damn I am so curious that I so want to remove my cinnect app again but want to give ST support a break! :wink:

Yeah, everything is looking right, just not the null partā€¦ and that get fill when it can verify the hubā€¦

The best I can say is that the current version of hue connect is totally hosed as of now whenever it was changed and suggest users with working hue hubs not to remove and experiment with it:::

1 Like

Yeah I agree with that. I regret my final test of my hue connect app. I believe it has to do with the smartthings network communication code and not the hue its self ad packet captures of my network show the correct infromation being sentā€¦

1 Like

Did you remove the connect hub from your app and not the IDE? I did that.

If you are in EST, leave it at discovery And go to sleepā€¦

From your workā€¦ Tmrw morningā€¦ Try adding a hue bulb from your app.

The null that you see after Philips hue should be the ip. Philips hue (10.x.x.x) or something like that.

I am no expert but learning and so going to take a vacation back to India and try writing my own connect and revive my Microsoft consultant daysā€¦ Imagine the regular usersā€¦ I keep telling st represantives here to make this the easiest one as all wifes/husbands/mistresses/girlfriends/kids/parents/grandmas/grandpas are most in love with this bulbs with a Philips stamp. It cannot be that difficult with all third party apps doing it. I may have become rusty in Wall Street if ST gives a call (I am not a interview person, I will do 24/7 to get them going). I learn and very fast! Good luck!

Yeah I did remove it from the appā€¦ Could that be part of the problem?

Ill give that a shot and see what happens

May be as @jody.albritton as far I know did it from ide,

And well all you hue fans! You will be happy to know that the latest update of the Philips stock app is now broken on iOS 8.x.x. They are aware of it and working towards an immediate fix. Nice! And this morning the ST app on iOS got an update (sorry it was yesterday and installed today 1.6.8). In a meeting and will check it outā€¦ All hell breaks loose at the same time. :wink:

Yep. I downloaded it first thing yesterday morning and quickly realized how enhanced this version is.

@juano2310 Polling is no longer working with my hue lights. I have not changed a thing and they have completely stopped reflecting changes outside of the app. At this point I donā€™t think this bug is a naming issue or network related. Something is off in the device handler.

I am seeing this error on some hue bulbs now

12:43:49 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot execute null+null @ line 143

Do you have a bulb that canā€™t handle color?

The connect code was again changed looks like on the 4th and it is different than when I was installing. Take a look. Rather than improving this hue integration is getting worse by the day. Sorry to sayā€¦