iOS 1.7.1 Mobile Presence Issues

I was thinking less that actual use of the widget caused the problem than that the code to enable the widget to be used might cause it. But again, who knows?

Same issue here on the wifes 5C She is not a happy camper. Got use to the door locking/unlocking and light on for safety when she comes and goes. All that is not working. Ugh.

Headā€™s up :

1 Like

You actually donā€™t mean downgrading. Right? I mean it is the next version which fixes the issue, right @april?

My iphone presence worked fine with the update but my wifes did not. I deleted and re installed the app on her phone and everything has been working fine for the last few days.

The app overall seems a bit slow thoughā€¦

I feel it finally sped up. Amazing how many different accounts of bugs. Same here on the linked account btw.

Exact same issue & app freeze/screen as JoeTermine reported - on two iPhones (5s and 6) since the 1,7,1 and/or IOS 8.3 update.

@JDRoberts - you were right, it works, it stops, I restart the app, it works, it stops ā€¦

Looking forward to the fix.

The fix is available for download on the app store nowā€¦ 1.7.2 I havenā€™t tried it yet, though, Iā€™m waiting for all of you guys to report whatā€™s newly broken first. :wink:

Just installed, although I am away on business and therefore unable to test my phone or upgrade my wifeā€™s - I guess Iā€™ll know in a few days ā€¦

Mobile presence issues appear to be fixed in 1.7.2. At least it worked a few times for my wife for the first time since it broke 8 days ago.

Installed it on my daughters last night and this morning when she left for school it did not triggerā€¦sigh.
When she gets home I will take a look at it and submit a ticket. I had high hopes for this fix.

Worked last night once when I updated me and my gfā€™s phones. This morning it did not trigger when she left. Nothing seems to be different other than the new release number.

Tell support@smartthings.com. The more people who report the problem, the more details they can get to help towards a fix.

Yes Iā€™ve done that as well.

ST has really sh*t the bed recently. These updates are terrible and Iā€™ve had so many issues, that Iā€™ve literally had to put my system in manual mode (I have 111 connected things). Iā€™ll come home mid-day and my outdoor security lights will be on for no reason, along with other lights just turning on and off. Maybe instead of posting stupid and pointless blogs about an early 90ā€™s internet commercial, maybe ST should put that effort towards making their system workā€¦because if I receive another email about ā€œHub Connectivity/SmartApp Processingā€, Iā€™m going to lose my damn mind (yes, I know I can unsubscribe). Iā€™m not frustrated or anything. :smile:

Iā€™m still having issues. Yesterday, SmartThings failed to recognize that I had left the house. Today, it thinks my roommate is still home.

Me too, Iā€™m working with support on it. Sounds like they have a hunch.

1 Like

hoping the hunch is cross platform and fixes android presence also!

Just sent them an email myself.